The Storm Chaser
Reaction score
City, State
Agawam, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Interceptor Utility
Callsign
WX4FUN
Now that the weather has started to warm up, I've started to modify my Explorer.

This is what it looked like when I got it in October
1060282335_2HpkP-M.jpg

One of the first things I did was take out the incandescent turn, tail, puddle and reverse bulbs are replace them with LED's. I also had to add resistors to the turn signals to eliminate the hyperflashing and bulb out warning.

Last month I installed 5000k HID's headlights and fogs. I once again needed to use a resistor harness to eliminate the bulb out warning and flickering highbeams when the truck was running.

This week I installed an Aries Grille Guard and a KKM cold air intake.

And this is what my Ex looks like so far.
i-gq6CfSf.jpg

i-3tN9g8c.jpg

i-ZxP7pf3.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looking good, Adam! :thumbsup:

lookin good

Sweet:thumbsup:

Looks good.
Not to thread jack, but does anyone know way on the KKM web site they do not list the years 1995, 1996 and 1997 for Explorers for their intake kits? Those years have an issue with their Kits? What is up with that?

any difference with the kkm?

I've got a little more power and I'm getting 19mpg city and 23mpg highway. Before I put it in I was getting 15/19.

Looks really nice. Did you put leds in the front too. I can't get them to work up there. Figured the rears out in my 08 but not the front.

STU

Yes, I have them in the front too. I had to use resistors to get them to work.

What kind and size of resistors worked for you?
I've read that these resistors get really hot.

Another shot taken this afternoon with the KC Daylighters. They still have the 100W Halogens for now. Hopefully this weekend I'll have the time to convert them over to the HID's.

1258273140_wzSBCLG-L.jpg

Looks good asull85.
asull85 or anyone else, any idea why they do not sell the kits for 95, 96 or 97 Explorers?
was there some change in design for those years?

I'm not sure why they don't have a kit for those years. Have you tried emailing them to see what the reason is?

I did the HID retrofit on the KC Daylighters this weekend. Of course I forgot my camera :banghead:

Anyway here is what they look like now...

_mg_9705-M.jpg

You need more light there...lmao!

It looks awesome! Did you paint the grill yourself? And are you going to upgrade the wheels? I have the same wheels and I feel like they hold back the excellent looks of the Explorer. :D

Yeah, Stevie Wonder can see me coming now.

Hahaha. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It looks awesome! Did you paint the grill yourself? And are you going to upgrade the wheels? I have the same wheels and I feel like they hold back the excellent looks of the Explorer. :D

I repainted the stock grille but after a while it began to chip. The grille that is on there is an aftermarket one that I had painted at a body shop. I will be getting black wheels probably this summer along with new tires and a few other things.

Back