My first time stuck! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My first time stuck!

And of course, we were in only one truck. :rolleyes: Beware: long story My friends and I decided that we'd go offroad today since we're out of school. We figured if we were to get stuck(yeah right), there would be someone out there to pull us out since it is a pretty popular place to go muddin or we could just call somebody from our h.s. Of course, nobody was there. They were all at some powerlines in Suwanee instead of over there. :(

The first mud hole was about ~250-300ft and we got through it fine. Then it comes up on a large opening filled with ruts, which we also got through fine. Next, there was a split. The left had no mud there, but it was a 4ft trench that would have eaten my truck alive. On the right, there was a 150ft mud hole that we got out to check out.

The beginning was 12in deep and then the middle was only about 5in deep. We got going through everything fine, and when we were about 5 feet from the end, of course, we get stuck. I opened the door to find water an inch away from my door line. :eek: There've obviously been quite a few trucks on 35s+ dig out that spot because the end of it about swallowed my 31s. :eek: The tailpipe was 6in under water, so I left the truck running to save the engine. Thankfully I filled up last night so I didn't have to worry about running out of gas.

My friend called our buddy with a Wrangler, but oddly enough it was being detailed. :confused: Then he called another guy, who said he'd come pull me out. He drives up in his '86 Bronco w/ 6" suspension lift, 3" body lift, 38" TSLs, 302 EFI, Warn winch, etc. :cool: Some guys in a Cherokee on 32s with a winch came over a few minutes after the Bronco pulled up. They said that they were planning on trying the mud hole in front of us, since last time they got stuck at the beginning of it. Then I pointed around the corner, and they saw mine buried up to the rear bumper. Needless to say, they changed their mind. :D Anyways, the Bronco winched my X out about 5 feet, then I was able to back up the rest of the way. He only charged me $10 for gas money.

Both the guys in the Bronco and the guys in the Cherokee were surprised to see how well my Explorer was getting through all that stuff and how most people that actually get to where I was are usually on atleast 35s or atleast have locker(s). We got out of there fine. He kept stopping at the end of all the big ruts/mud holes, just in case I were to get stuck. At the end, they got out to unlock the hubs and then waited outside, expecting they'd need to pull me out again. But I proved them wrong by getting through the big ditch. ;) One of my other buddies said I was lucky that I got stuck there. If I went down further and turned the corner, there was another hole that is deep enough to reach the top of the hood on the Bronco!! :eek: :eek:

Out of all of this, I am still pretty happy. I have seen pics of atleast three J**ps on M/Ts go through the same spot as where I got stuck. All of them were stuck either at the beginning of it or atleast 10ft behind where I was. My friend has pics on his camera, so I'll post them up tomorrow.

TO DO LIST:
-Buy A Winch
-Buy Lockers
-Remember NEVER to go offroad alone

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i cant wait to see the pics

Sounds like it was a good time anyway. PICS PICS PICS :eek:

Sounds awesome! :thumbsup:

Where's the pics?

Yeah, offroading alone isn't a good idea, good to hear you learned something, I'd say that some 33s should be on your to do list too :)...can't wait to see the pics

My friends are the only reason I have pics, I was too busy thinking about what a dumbass thing I did and how it could have been a very expensive mistake. :rolleyes: :nono:

As for the 33s on that to do list...well that is a whole other list all together. I should be SASed by the beginning of fall and running on 35s+. ;)

Here's all the pics: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bmxking93/album?.dir=/d918&.view=t

nice pics, i wish there where places like that around here to go wheeling

95offroadx said:
nice pics, i wish there where places like that around here to go wheeling
Surprisingly this is about as dry as it ever gets back there. After it rains, the whole place turns into a giant lake :eek: That's another reason I chose to go yesterday, it was supposed to rain later and I didn't want to have to wait forever for it to "dry up".

Not to be a jerk...but you need to add one more thing to your list of what not to do. Stop going on illegal land, there is NOWHERE around us that is legal unless you had permission to be there, and definately stay a long way away from the power line trails, and tell all of your buds to as well. If they keep going on them hopefully they will at the very least get arrested because that stuff is big time bad. Just go up to Dahlonega, if yall didnt have school today then there is no reason not to, it is only an hour. Of course, if you had permission from teh land owner to be where you were then I am wrong, but your friends that went to the power lines still majorly fu-ked up and should have been arrested at the very least.

Low carb day? LOL :D

Premier said:
Low carb day? LOL :D

LOL, not at all...just that there are only 2 or so trails still open in our state..and power lines and other illegal riding is one of the main reason for it.

GaSouthern1 said:
Not to be a jerk...but you need to add one more thing to your list of what not to do. Stop going on illegal land, there is NOWHERE around us that is legal unless you had permission to be there, and definately stay a long way away from the power line trails, and tell all of your buds to as well. If they keep going on them hopefully they will at the very least get arrested because that stuff is big time bad. Just go up to Dahlonega, if yall didnt have school today then there is no reason not to, it is only an hour. Of course, if you had permission from teh land owner to be where you were then I am wrong, but your friends that went to the power lines still majorly fu-ked up and should have been arrested at the very least.
I don't think that your a jerk for saying that. It's the truth. I haven't and don't plan to go back on powerlines. I agree, there aren't any trails around here. :rolleyes: As for where I went, I had talked to my friend's dad who's a cop. He said that I'd be fine going back there and that the big reason people get in trouble for going places like that are b/c stupid people(mainly teens) go out there and leave trash,beer bottles,etc. Also, I have some other friends who said that they've been over there before and other cops were cool with it as long as they weren't doing stupid stuff back there. Trust me, if I didn't have a cop tell me that it'd be alright to go back there, I definitely wouldn't have. I've already talked to my friends and hopefully they'll stop going back on powerlines, etc. Instead of going places like that, we talked about maybe going up to Beasley when it reopens. I also heard that Anderson Creek might be opening back up finally :cool:

Don't know if you've heard about it on GA 4x4, but there might be a new OHV park opening up in Elberton. :cool: I don't think that the guy hasn't bought the place yet, but he is pretty sure he is going to.

Fenderguy said:
Cool stuck pics. :thumbsup: Are you sure the Bronco is an 78 and not an 88?
Sorry, just changed it. I was looking up stuff for SAS and then still typed 78 twice :confused: It is actually an 86.

Here's another pic of his truck. I was extremely lucky that it wasn't later. He was about to clean it all up and list it in Auto Trader! :(
http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?c...oth&advanced=&start_year=1986&isp=y&cardist=8

If I didn't already have my truck, I'd buy his. He just invested OVER 8 grand on it + the price of the rig!!

Nice stuck bmx! Great pics too.

we have a few places around here like that that we can ride on, but really wish that there were some parks in GA we could ride on it would be real nice.

Nice pics BMX

amazing, ur so , lucky ur friend came to get ya out...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

your stuck looks bout same as mine. only i got winched out by a (sorry) Jeep Wrangler

Back