My Navajo Lost All forward Gears without Notice | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Navajo Lost All forward Gears without Notice

I had a hard time finding enough rubber lines so I used copper and cut the rubber lines to make the connections.

I bought my filter head from Princess Auto, it's a hydraulic filter head that takes a common oil filter. I think it was like $15 or something.

Thought I had a pic but can't find it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well I got lucky at my You pull it yard , they brought 4 91-94 Ex in the last 4 days , so 2 of them Still had the 4x4 auto trans in them , So I grabbed the Cleanest Stock front cooler and one line from it , I need to go back with more time and money and Can stock up on some Good parts , Probably at least 10 4.0 intakes and heads there , And maybe 6 Complete motors ,, I'd like to get a intake to port !

Good find, maybe you have a couple descent transmissions there too.

Yeah there were 2-3 Auto's still in , That yard does not allow anyone to bring a Jack because the cars are on rocks on home made wheel jack stands , It would be a pain to to pull a trans by myself there

Well Having more Problems , The Bronco II trans I bought Only has One Solenoid on the Valve body , and the Pin holding the Linkage was Pushed in too far to be removed , So I'm Going to have to drill It out to change the Linkages , Would it be worth a try to Swap the Forward clutch assembly into my trans ?

Why do you want to swap the forward clutch? That solenoid is for the converter lock-up. Just hook the wires for that up and ignore the OD.

I want OD , The forward clutch assembly on my old trans is what went bad , The valve body on the BII trans has only one solenoid , my bad trans has 2

I thought the OD was a hydraulic only controlled circuit on the older A4 trans? No solenoid.

Not sure to be honest , The plug for the solenoid is the same on both trans , 2 wire plug

Hmmm, your old trans should be 3 wires, one is a common hot wire and one each to the solenoids a switched ground. Pretty sure it is

My old trans only has 2 prongs just like the BII trans does , ?

So did it have one wire to each solenoid when you took it apart?

I have not taken the solenoids off or removed any wires , just the linkage parts , my old trans has 3 wires coming from the 2 prongs , The BII trans has 2 wires going to one Solenoid .

Should be 3 wires,
O/Y OD solenoid
R +12v
P/Y converter clutch

I have 2 blue wires on the BII trans

Not sure what to tell you dude, maybe you can ask someone with a wiring diagram for a BII?

You sure it's two wires in your harness coming from the truck?

I checked my wiring diagrams for the Explorer, it's from a '93 but I don't think it would be different from a '91.

I need to look at the wiring on my harness for the trans , then I can go from there , Either way Not sure If I can use it or not yet

as far as the pin, you should be able to knock it all the way through IIRC, i would try that before drilling. The last thing you want is to get a few stray shavings inside the trans

Yeah not sure , Not even sure if that Bronco II trans will work Seeing it only has one Solenoid on the valve body ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

overdrive is hydraulic in the BII, so it only needs the one solenoid. You can hardwire the TC solenoid if you cant figure out the wiring to make it work like factory

Back