• Register Today It's free!

My Navajo shakes

LuckyRVA

Reaction score
City, State
Queens, NYC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Navajo LX
Ok, today I went to the dump and had the truck loaded up. On the way there I noticed my truck vibrating(more than the typical shake it normally does at highway speeds) at around 65mph. I didn't really think anything of it until after I unloaded my car and was driving towards home again and it started vibrating more violently and starting at lesser speeds. Now it starts vibrating at 25mph, especially when I brake. The steering wheel and shifter (5 speed)shake pretty bad and I can feel it in the seat too. Upon inspection I noticed that my right rear wheel has no balancing weight(haven't notice before whether or not it had one to begin with) so initially I thought it was that. But, now I notice a slight "pop" or "bump" coming from the front end when turning sharp at slow speeds...although it doesn't always do it.
Would one out of balance wheel cause that much vibration? Or could the vibration be coming from the front end? :banghead:

-Jason

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

vibrations caused by un-balanced tires usually start after 50 mph,

if there is a vibration at 25 mph you have worn parts most likely,

first off i guess i would look the tires over cause there could be a broken belt in one of them,

and i would get the suspension checked over for worn parts

also have the brakes checked over

Thanks guys. I think I'll have it looked at early this week. Hopefully it's something simple that I overlooked.

p.s. I checked the tires they seems to look ok. Plus, they only have about 3,000 miles on them.

-Jason

Bearings or maybe ball joints. An aftermarket steering stabilizer may help.

I've got a similar shake

Steering stabilizer? What's that do?ould I get one?
4x2 so it's not the CV joints. Replaced the lower ball joints 1,500 miles ago. Shocks are 5,000 miles old. Hmmm....
I'll sticky this thread. Keep the ideas coming.
Karl

I had a similar problem with my 93x and I ended up finding a couple things wrong first I found one of my auto hubs was not disengaging which may have caused the other problem which was a bad u-joint on the same wheel. I replaced the u-joint and installed milemarker manual hubs and the problem was solved. This may not be your problem but thought it might give you somthing to check.

Back