• Register Today It's free!

My new wheels and tires!

RichV

Reaction score
City, State
Winston Salem NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac
I finally got my wheels and tires and lift installed last week and couldn't be happier. They are 17x9 Forza 306 chrome wheels with 12mm offset. The tires are Nitto Terra Grapplers 265/70 and I also installed the Truxx lift.

The truck looks completely different and rides pretty similar than it did with the stockers on. i did lose about 2mpg on average but not too bad. The road noise on these is not bad either.

Tell me what you guys think...

2011-12-31_09-57-41_261.jpg

2011-12-31_09-58-04_4.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks sweet dude. I like how they stick out too.

Looks great...I like it!!!

Cya

Damn I'm jealous, when my truck becomes my "truck" and not daily driver I'm def doing that, I've been wanting to do it but that 2 mpg would just make my gas that much more expensive (since I'm only getting around 13.5 city now)

side note: I'm actually heading up to your neck of the woods this weekend, going to visit my family in Lexington...hope its not too cold up there, lol

Those look awesome.

Thanks guys. I was getting about 17 average MPG now it is down to about 15 average MPG. About what I expected. I don't put a ton of miles on it though so I can still go 1 1/2 to 2 weeks on a tank.

VERY NICE I love it!! :D :D :D

nice x

Looks great ! Nice stance and wheel offset. What was your original tire size? Are you compensating the difference in them and your new tires when figuring MPG?

My original tire size was the stock 235/65/18. I haven't had my speedo recalibrated nor am I making any calculations on MPG besides the trip computers average, so it probably is a little better than 15mpg.

Thanks for all of the compliments guys. I am really loving it!

Looks great! :thumbsup:

My original tire size was the stock 235/65/18. I haven't had my speedo recalibrated nor am I making any calculations on MPG besides the trip computers average, so it probably is a little better than 15mpg.

Thanks for all of the compliments guys. I am really loving it!

ScreenHunter_02Jan111958.gif

Good move. Looks great, not to much, just right. This is exactly what I have in mind for my Sporttrac, as soon as I replace the tires I have. Those are 17's right?

Good move. Looks great, not to much, just right. This is exactly what I have in mind for my Sporttrac, as soon as I replace the tires I have. Those are 17's right?

Yes, the wheels are 17" tall by 9" wide.

Thanks for the compliment!

Hows the tires doing for you now that you have a little time on them?

Have you been in any weather (snow,mud,so on) that we might have a report on.

I like the look that it gave to your ST.

Cya

Just saw this! Looks great! And, perfect timing! I'm getting my lift and tires installed tomorrow and was worried how it was going to look. I'm using the same 12 off set with the same Nitto's but will be installing them on Moto Metals. Pics later!
My question is...
Did you have to re-align? Camber?
Thanks

Thread back from the dead!!

Thanks hunt1moore!

You should get a 4 wheel alignment with a lift and really anytime you change tires so you don't prematurely wear them so I did get the alignment.

There are no camber adjustments on the sportrac so nothing to worry about there.

Just an update on everything... I am still loving the wheels and tires and have had them about 13 months and put just over 15,000 miles on them. Noise and ride and stayed about the same from when I first put them on, so that is great. I don't take it off road so nothing to report there, but I did drive in the snow last week and the tires grabbed really well.

I highly recommend the tires and I love the wheels also!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Beautiful tire, rim and lift combo! Just can't seem to picture how much nicer it would be without the roof racks...lol. I chopped the antlers and never looked back.
Nice ride bro!

Back