My Rear Springs Won't Stop Squeaking! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Rear Springs Won't Stop Squeaking!

DixieOnMyMind59

Reaction score
City, State
Mobile, Alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Eddie Bauer V8 2WD
Im not sure, but I think it is my rear leaf springs, but the things will not stop squeaking! Any and every movement of my explorer in any way will cause the rear end to squeak. I've tried spraying the rear leafs with all kinds of lubricants and greases with no results. Its to the point where im embarrased to drive up to my friends in a parking lot....even when someone gets in my explorer, it will squeak. This has been going on now for about 5 months. What do i need to do to stop the squeaking??? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!
Thanks,
Colton

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you done any work to them? (new bushings, add-a-leaf, taken them apart, etc)? It might be your bushings. It also might be those little spring pad things that go in between the leaf springs to keep them from squeeking (maybe on came out?)

Do you have any custom exhaust? Such as a tailpipe straight out the back, i found mine was rubbing against my shackle and making crazy squeaks. Check them closeley, and any moving parts at the back for anything rubbing. I had nothing left on a couple of them pads when i took apart my rear leafs, didnt have squeaking, though it all depends on too many things i guess.

Good luck with it!

No, i have never done any work on my springs. It started all by itself. Am i greaing or lubricating the wrong place? Are there any greae fittings that i need to inject grease with?
No, I have a stock exhaust.

I dont think you even can lubricate anything in the ass end of these trucks.

Back