• Register Today It's free!

My "Sport" has arrived!!!

Zorro11

Reaction score
City, State
Hampstead, NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sport
Just wanted to let everyone know that my Sport has arrived at the dealer this morning!!! 4 days earlier than expected!!!

Thank you Crystal for all your help during the waiting process it sure does help!
Jo

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just wanted to let everyone know that my Sport has arrived at the dealer this morning!!! 4 days earlier than expected!!!

Thank you Crystal for all your help during the waiting process it sure does help!
Jo

What an awesome way to start the weekend, Jo! Let me know if I can be of assistance in the future; I'm always just a PM away. :)

Crystal

What an awesome way to start the weekend, Jo! Let me know if I can be of assistance in the future; I'm always just a PM away. :)

Crystal

:thumbsup: :burnout::burnout:

Just in time to get it home and in the garage b/4 the big snow storm!!!

Jo

Congrats Zorro11!!
I know for sure that you will have a wonderful time driving the Sport as much as I am doing right now. It is a pleasure driving it and having a lot of people staring at it. I have received so many compliments about my Explorer Sport and when I tell everyone what's in the Sport specially the twin turbos engine with the 365 ponies under the hood and the 350 ft/lb torque they can't believe that Ford has put together such a wonderful SUV.

Please keep us posted of your driving experience and when you have a chance will love to see photos!!!!

Congrats and very jealous also!

Congrats Zorro11!!
I know for sure that you will have a wonderful time driving the Sport as much as I am doing right now. It is a pleasure driving it and having a lot of people staring at it. I have received so many compliments about my Explorer Sport and when I tell everyone what's in the Sport specially the twin turbos engine with the 365 ponies under the hood and the 350 ft/lb torque they can't believe that Ford has put together such a wonderful SUV.

Please keep us posted of your driving experience and when you have a chance will love to see photos!!!!

i tried to upload a photo but cant seem to do it:scratch: im patiently waiting for the phone call to say "Its ready" come pick it up!

ive been following your post on the HIDs, i just have to convince my husband to install them for me.

Jo

SOOO jealous! What was your ETA date? Mine originally was the 18th but has been pushed back to the 24th...2 days. We'll see. :eek:

SOOO jealous! What was your ETA date? Mine originally was the 18th but has been pushed back to the 24th...2 days. We'll see. :eek:

My ETA was to be the 26th. it arrived at the dealership this morning around 9 am. (22nd)

My ETA was to be the 26th. it arrived at the dealership this morning around 9 am. (22nd)

sweet! My ETA is the 24th, but haven't heard from my dealer yet so I assume it isn't there. LOL. I plan on driving by the dealership on Sunday (the 24th) to see if it had been dropped off. My dealership is closed Sunday so I won't be able to pick it up til later in the week anyways. But if it had arrived today, I'd pick it up today! or tomorrow. LOL

Although the ETA is just that an "Estimated Day of Arrival" to the dealers in most cases the Sport will arrive before that time.

My Explorer Sport was ordered on Wednesday December 13, 2012. The following Wednesday December 19, 2012 I already had a Vin#. Then to my surprise on Wednesday January 16, 2013 I received the window sticker with a build date of January 23. The next day on January 24 I called Ford Customer Service to find out the ETA of the Sport and they told me February 4. But as many as you all know by now on the night of Thursday January 31, 2013 I was picking up my beautiful Explorer Sport at the dealer. So it took just about 7 weeks from the time I placed the order to the time I picked up the Sport. That was fast!!

That is why I think that in most of our cases the delivery of the Explorers/Sports will be earlier than the ETA.

Although the ETA is just that an "Estimated Day of Arrival" to the dealers in most cases the Sport will arrive before that time.

My Explorer Sport was ordered on Wednesday December 13, 2012. The following Wednesday December 19, 2012 I already had a Vin#. Then to my surprise on Wednesday January 16, 2013 I received the window sticker with a build date of January 23. The next day on January 24 I called Ford Customer Service to find out the ETA of the Sport and they told me February 4. But as many as you all know by now on the night of Thursday January 31, 2013 I was picking up my beautiful Explorer Sport at the dealer. So it took just about 7 weeks from the time I placed the order to the time I picked up the Sport. That was fast!!

That is why I think that in most of our cases the delivery of the Explorers/Sports will be earlier than the ETA.

mine was ordered 12/6 exactly 11 wks and 1 day delivered to dealer. picking her up tomorrow

mine was ordered 12/6 exactly 11 wks and 1 day delivered to dealer. picking her up tomorrow

I ordered on Friday, December 14 2012. I just received my VIN this week. No window sticker yet. No build date. No ETA. WOW this is L O N G!!

Eddie

i tried to upload a photo but cant seem to do it:scratch: im patiently waiting for the phone call to say "Its ready" come pick it up!

ive been following your post on the HIDs, i just have to convince my husband to install them for me.

You have to be a paid Elite Explorer to upload photos

You have to be a paid Elite Explorer to upload photos

I am sorry to disagree with Sgt1411 and probably he doesn't know that you do not need to be a paid Elite Explorer to download photos here at the forum because I am not an "Elite Paid Explorer Member" and I have downloaded over 50 photos here at the forum. In my case I use Photobucket where I upload my photos from my computer and then I copy/paste them here at the forum in whatever thread I will need to do so.

Here are some photos of my Explorer from my photobucket album. Again please note that I am not a "Paid Elite Explorer Member",

ExplorerSport10_zps9a7ab550.jpg

ExplorerSport11_zpsa3e3ed6f.jpg

ExplorerSport9_zps80fbace3.jpg

ExplorerSport6_zpseed6eb3a.jpg

ExplorerSport4_zps1551f7d8.jpg

ExplorerSport5_zpsc306d464.jpg

DSC04916_zps57771f73.jpg

DSC04940_zps6c62b617.jpg

good lookin Ex Sport as always, NY!

good lookin Ex Sport as always, NY!

Thanks Tuxedo, I'm always trying to make my Sport look its best. My latest accessory is the K&N Air Filter # 33-2395. MSRP is $71.07 but there was a sale at Advanced Auto Parts and I bought it for $52.00 picked up since the store is only a few blocks from my house. It is considered the best air filter in the world. I had one installed in my 2012 Ford Explorer limited and it really made a difference.

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?prod=33-2395

I stand corrected!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Tuxedo, I'm always trying to make my Sport look its best. My latest accessory is the K&N Air Filter # 33-2395. MSRP is $71.07 but there was a sale at Advanced Auto Parts and I bought it for $52.00 picked up since the store is only a few blocks from my house. It is considered the best air filter in the world. I had one installed in my 2012 Ford Explorer limited and it really made a difference.

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?prod=33-2395

Sweet man!

Don't need to sell me on K&N. I've had either K&N Cold air intake or flat filter in EVERY car I've owned since 2003. (1993 Mazda Protege, 2000 Firebird, 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII, 2007 Toyota Yaris, 2008 Dodge Charger, 2009 Dodge Ram hemi, 2004 Passat and 2004 GTO) My GTO had the largest improvement because the stock airbox was like sucking air through a straw. Also felt a nice diff in my 04 Passat, with turbo. Anything forced induction with more air = more power and efficiency.

As soon as a cold air kit is available specifically for the Ex Sport...its goin on it!

Back