My Xplorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Xplorer

Greets all!

I am the recent purchaser of a 2000 XLT and I absolutely love this site. I just thought I would drop the specs of my X in here. Pics should be soon as well as elite status if I can work it into the budget.

2000 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4
White w/ Pewter Trim

Factory Options:
-4.0 V6 SOHC
-Automatic Tranny
-Side Runner Boards
-Full (All Around) Window Tint (30%?)
-Tan Leather Interior
-Full Power Option Group
-Power Moonroof
-Audiovox Roof Mount TV w/ VCR
-6 Disc CD Changer

My Current Modifications:
-Pioneer DEH-8500MP Head Unit
-Jensen 600w Amplifier
-Qty 2 Jensen XS 10" Subwoofers in 3 Chamber Bandpass
-Bearcat Scanner
-Uniden Laser/Radar Detector
-Cobra CB Radio
-Bugflector II Bug Shield
-Ventshade Window Visors
-Lund Medium Hood Scoops
-Ventshade Partial Taillight Covers
-55/100 "Cool-Blue" Headlights
-Custom Flowmaster 40 Series Dual Output Exhaust

My Future Modifications:
-3" or 4" Lift
-Replace Tires w/ 31s or 32s
-New Rims
-Saleen or Lund Rear Wing
-Roof Basket w/ Light Bar
-Brush Guard
-Custom Computer Chip
-New MAF System

Keep all the great info comin and hopefully I'll see you all around some time! FYI - I am in the Norfolk, VA area if anyone else is around here.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

lets see pics!!!

Scott

how does the dual sound on the v6 SOHC....i'm interested in getting it someday....let me know...

adam

Originally posted by BladeWrythe
Pics should be soon as well as elite status if I can work it into the budget.

With all the mods you already have and are planning to have I am sure there is 30 bucks in there somewhere to be an Elite. ;) Its the best "good-feel" mod you'll ever have.

Pics Forthcoming....

evoq007: Pics should be available on Monday or Tuesday of next week. :)

frickea86: I absolutely love the way my exhaust sounds. I have had the exhaust on there for about a month and a half or so and when I first got it, I thought it was a little quite. Now that the flowmaster's breaking in though, it has gotten deeper and louder. Flowmaster all the way!

X~FACTOR: Most definately!

Everything looks great but one. You gotta get that scoop painted white. Okay, one more, the bug guard got to go.

Hey, on that interior shot... The little cargo basket on the right in the rear of the vehicle, did it come with a plastic front? Mine is netting and it sucks!

X~FACTOR: I do plan on getting the scoops painted to match, I just haven't worked it into the budget yet. Actually, the bug deflector comes in handy as I go visit the country alot and those bugs are fierce, lol. I have noticed a MAJOR difference with it VS without when it come to my hood and window staying clean. :D

Premier: Yup, mine came with the plastic front. Must be a difference in the model years.

Back