• Register Today It's free!

mystery harness???

woot365

Reaction score
City, State
Cheraw, South Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Sport Trac
My name's Michael..I have an '02 Sport Trac and I'm having trouble finding out where this harness plugs in..I replaced the valve cover gaskets and when putting the coil pack and plugs back I noticed an additional (small, 2 prong, red and green wires) wiring harness attached to the harness for the coil. It's all the way near the firewall on driver side, behind coil pack....any idea where it plugs in?...I don't remember removing it before lol...I would post a pic but I'm using a mobile phone and don't know how

Are you sure they're wires and not vacuum lines? Looking at my truck, I think I see what you're talking about, and at first it looks like wires coming out of the harness, but what I'm seeing on a closer look is 2 plastic vacuum lines that attach to the upper intake right behind the coil pack. One of them is red (can't see the other) and routes tight around the rear of the engine. The factory wiring manual doesn't show any wires coming out of the harness and going around the back from there. It does show wires coming off the passenger side running down to an oxygen sensor, but I can't see that on my truck.

Thanks for your response. Yes I'm sure it's not a vacuum line. It's some type of plug clip. The clip is black with only 2 prong inserts. Looks like a type of sensor plug, but I can't find the male connection to it anywhere. I've driven the truck today and had no problems, just puzzles me knowing that something may not be properly connected...

Could be it attaches to the brake master cylinder to warn of low brake fluid level?

Back