n00b's 1st post

28HopUp

Reaction score
City, State
Newark, Delaware USA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Explorer XLT
Hi Guys & Gals,

I'm new here, but I've been around car forums for a while. I am an Administrator at Mustang Forums. This is my current ride - a 2006 4.0L/5 spd V6 Mustang:

gootc6.jpg

[sorry for the large pic]

We need a bigger car to transport our growing family, so I plan to sell this car and pick up a 2003-2005 Explorer. I figured I'd join up and start poking aropund to learn what I could. My wife drives a 2005 4.0L/auto convertible Mustang, so I'll still get my Stang fix driving that. It has the go-fast parts off my coupe, but I don't have any ET's on it yet.

Cheers!

Bill Jr.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the site Bill:chug: We have plenty of Mustang owners over here, so you'll feel right at home. In fact I'm one of them with a 2004 Mach 1. :burnout:

Welcome to that site.. Looks like from the pic its MIR, am I right?

Welcome to that site.. Looks like from the pic its MIR, am I right?

DING DING DING!!! You're right. It was taken at The Get Out Of The Cold event this past March. I got my personal best ET there of 14.312, which isn't too bad for a N/A V6.

Welcome to the site Bill:chug: We have plenty of Mustang owners over here, so you'll feel right at home. In fact I'm one of them with a 2004 Mach 1. :burnout:

From one Admin to another - THANKS!

welcome aboard

Welcome to Explorer Forum! I've got a 25th anniversary 5ltr.

Welcome to the community. Huge fan of the mustangs.

Welcome to this forum! I'm sure that you wouldn't have a problem selling it on either site. Check this site's classified section to see who is selling Explorers. You could also check EBay or Craigslist.

Thanks guys! I am finding a wide spread as to the asking price for 03-05 Explorers. I'm looking for an XLT with cloth interior (which the wife prefers) and the 3rd row seat. I don't care if it's a 4.0L or 4.6L, but it needs to be AWD/4x4. There is plenty of selection with low miles (<45K), but the prices skew from $9K to $16K. It's unreal.

The Deed Is Done!

Yesterday we drove to Lansdale, PA from Delaware to look at an Explorer. This is the 6th or 7th one we've looked at. This difference this time? We bought it!

I don't have any pictures yet, but it is a 2005 Explorer XLT 4x4, with the Torque Monster 4.0L V6 and only 26K miles. It is in Mineral Gray, which matches our 2005 Mustang. Within 24 hours of taking delivery, I already started modding it. The roof racks are now gone! It looks SO much better without them IMO.

EDIT: Here's a picture -

truck2.jpg

Back