N2FORD is back in a Sport Trac.

N2FORD

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Kingston,TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport Trac 4wd
Hey guys I have been absent for a little while in the ST section. I sold my white ST about 3 1/2 years ago. I went to a F150 and also had a V8 Mountaineer that I was building. I have since sold both of those and bought a 2001 ST a couple of months ago. This is my second ST and have also had 6 other Explorers. All have been lifted mildly except one that I lowered. I have already done a TT, warrior shackle and added 285/75/16 Cooper STT's on Explorer wheels. I have started painting the lower gray part satin black. I have a 76 Bronco frame with a complete D44 still attached that I want to put under the front at some point. I also have a wrecked V8 Mounty located that I am trying to buy to have a V8 swap done. I have big plans for this ST but I move slow on big projects due to work and family.

Attachments

• downsize (13).jpg
    downsize (13).jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 204
  • downsize (14).jpg
    downsize (14).jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 208
  • downsize (15).jpg
    downsize (15).jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 199

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This was my Mounty I just sold. It was set up similar with TT, shackle and 285/75/16's. It was a V8 and had better torque than the ST, that's one reason I want to do a V8 swap.

Attachments

• downsize (16).jpg
    downsize (16).jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 207
  • downsize (17).jpg
    downsize (17).jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 196

Sweet welcome back

Started another project on the ST. I am adding a front hitch with the intentions of doing a receiver mounted winch. I took the front bumper cover off to paint it and mount a hitch I got from the junk yard. I found one that should work perfect once it is cut down and rewelded. I will be putting the other bar inside before rewelding for extra strength. The mounting flange is a perfect fit for where the tow hooks mount. I will be putting stronger bolts in and trying to find away to reinforce the tow hook flange.

While doing this I found that my carfax certified ST that showed no accidents has been in one and they did a hack job repairing. Anyway I will be replacing the bumper reinforcement as the picture shows it is bent up pretty bad and they used a torch on it to put the bolts back in. Also the fog light is zip tied in so I need a bracket for the drivers side fog light.

Attachments

• downsize (19).jpg
    downsize (19).jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 184
  • downsize (18).jpg
    downsize (18).jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 183

I think I still have my bumper reinforcement and I know I have the foglights. Not sure what shipping would be but you can have the bumper and lights for $100 plus shipping. It's already knotched for the body lift if you plan on doing that.

Not planning a body lift. Thanks for the offer. I will keep it in mind.

I have relatives in the Pittsburg area, Butler and Murrysville.

Back