• Register Today It's free!

Navigation Screen

tldt2003

Reaction score
City, State
Johnstown, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 E.B.
Ok... I have a navigation radio in my x (recently installed). The screen has a few dots on it where I'm guessing it was pressed very often. Now, I notice that the whole front of the unit flips down when you want to access the dvd, and it looks like you can take it off with a few screws. My question is....can you take the front piece off, and take it apart to flip the screen? I'm guessing it's just a clear piece of plastic - and I'm thinking that putting the wear marks on the inside would hide them. Sound crazy?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

factory or aftermarket? if aftermarket i would go back to where you got it from.

It's Factory. From an 07 Mounty.

You might be better off getting one of those screen protectors and putting it on. opening it up could cause more harm than good.

You might be better off getting one of those screen protectors and putting it on. opening it up could cause more harm than good.

Do you think it would hide the wear marks? They look nasty in the sun.

I bet they do, I know what your talking about as I have seen it on several of them. I dunno, it would be a cheap fix if it did. I am told the cover is actually glued to the screen and removal of it would damage the screen. That info come from someone who builds them.

I bet they do, I know what your talking about as I have seen it on several of them. I dunno, it would be a cheap fix if it did. I am told the cover is actually glued to the screen and removal of it would damage the screen. That info come from someone who builds them.

Where do you get em? Do you have to cut them to fit? Do they glue on?

I have seen them but dont remember where. They are static and you usually have to cut to fit them. I got one alongtime ago for my Palm and my wife stole it for her Zune.

I have seen them but dont remember where. They are static and you usually have to cut to fit them. I got one alongtime ago for my Palm and my wife stole it for her Zune.

Ok. Thanks for your idea. I'm going to look for one on the net before taking the radio faceplate apart!

Back