Need 02-04 Suspension help!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need 02-04 Suspension help!!

Reaction score
City, State
Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 XLS
I have an 04 XLS 2wd, that I just recently installed #9926 Ground Force lowering springs. My problem is, I'm having a tough time getting it aligned properly.

The shop I took it to, couldn't get it into spec. Is there some special kind of camber shim adjusting kit that works with these springs?

I read on the Explorer Express web-site that their springs include a camber kit. Well,......I bought mine from a local speed shop and nothing extra came in the box with the springs?

Any of you guys have any experience with these springs?

You need a camber kit. They are on Ebay most of the time and they're like $135 or so for the set of 4.

Your Limited X looks awesome. How long did it it take you to align the front end after the drop and how expensive was it? Did you have to shim the control arms?

We also have an 04 that I would like to drop. Did you ever get the alignment taken care of? I talked to a guy from Explorer Express and he told me that a trick they have used is to turn the washers around where the camber adjusting bolts are at. I have yet to look at them yet. By the way, how is the ride with the springs? Do you also have different rims and tires? Thanks for any input.

Back