• Register Today It's free!

Need a lift kit.

THE KING

Reaction score
City, State
West Valley City, utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 XLT
hey i came across the site and i was wondering if some one out there could give me some pointers on how to lift my 95' Ford Explorer. i have gone all over the internet and i have not found anywhere to get some info on how to do it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2wd or 4wd...you can crank up the t bars w/ both and put on shackles...

Welcome to the site. :cool:

First of all, what are your goals for the truck. What kind of off-roading (if any) how big do you want to go, what size tires are you hoping to fit, are you 2wd or 4wd, etc...

We need more info to be able to help you out.

Also, this has been covered a million times before, so you could also search around and find the answers.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

Welcome to the site. How much of a lift do you want? What type of lift suspension or body? There are a few options depending on what you want. Do a search on this site and you will find alot of info.

ok first of all i want to thank you all you guys for the help. i dont know to much about lift kits and size of tires for this kind of jobs. but like all you guys i want to make my truck look hard and mean..i dont konw of any off roading areas here in Utah. I have a Ford Explorer 4WD, im hoping to go 3 or 4 inches.. so if i want to go with a 3" or 4" lift how big of a tires should i get? is there a web site that i could go to and see how much it would cost to get the lift kit?

Thanks
Jose
:salute:

you can get a 3" body lift for cheap...you could probally fit 32's w/ some trimming...also, utah is home to moab...you will find more than plenty of 4x4 stuff there :D

with a 3" bl pa part # pa-853 shakcles and TT you could clear 33x12.50's with not to much issue.....then you need to get into the gearing.

there is a 4" suspension lift kit but its like 1500 bucks, then you need tires. i think its good for 33" tires but not 100% on that.

hey thanx man.. i didnt understand too much about bl pa part. do you think i could go 4" with 35s tire. and are the shakcles hard to install? if not where could i find some info on how to change them? and whats the TT??

TT is torsion twist, there are bolts under the truck that adjust the ride height of the front end. you crank them in and add shackles in the back and you can get 1-2" lift.

hey i came across the site and i was wondering if some one out there could give me some pointers on how to lift my 95' Ford Explorer. i have gone all over the internet and i have not found anywhere to get some info on how to do it.

Hi and welcome to the site.
Let me just say that you wold find more options if you put your thread in the correct forum. This forum is for STOCK questions only.
I will move your thread to a more appropriate forum, the Modified forum. There you will find just about everything you need to know about lifting your truck.
Good luck and don't forget to take lots of pictures .

ok thanks how would i be able to go to that forum.

Back