• Register Today It's free!

Need A Little Help

69Explorer69

Reaction score
City, State
Hagerstown MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT 4x4 4dr
Howdy, Its been awhile since i posted anything..i think the last time i posted was when i was having problems with my bands aftering installing a new front seal...

but here it goes i have a 1994 4x4 and i wwas planning to try to bring the motor back to life or at least bring some life back to the poor old girl.As of right now i have 94,x.. so i am guessing i have to add 100,x.. to the miles just to be safe.I have a slight oil leak that i need to trace down and a trans leak but i am sure i know were its coming from and that would be were the lines come together at the trans cooler. I do how ever hear a slight pinging noise anytime i get onto the gas to enter a highway or if i just step on it from light to light.Any ideas on were the noise could be coming from.i thought it might be bec i was low on oil but i checked everything and the oil level was good.

i also wanted to know is there any parts i should be replacing first i just really want to try to prolong its life as i am now collecting a box of mods that i need to start working on but i hate to start and my motor give out on me.

As of right now i have the following mods...The zip tie trick...shackles in back and spacers up front and 2 PIAA lights on the front bumper.Any help would be great.The box of mods include a 2 inch body lift..other trans cooler,used maf from a mustang and homemade snorkal..more to come

Back