Need Autolamp delay setup instructions 2002 through 2005. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need Autolamp delay setup instructions 2002 through 2005.

Dennis94XLT

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 XLT
Hi - I need some information please.

It appears that there are variations in how the autolamp delay is set in model years 2002 throught 2005. (This is the headlights on delay after ignition is turned off for vehicles that have the autolamp automatic on and off headlight systems). For those of you who still have your owner manual and have a 2002 through 2005 made earlier than December 1, 2004 - please tell me what your owner's manual tells you for the procedure to set the lights on delay for autolamp equipped Explorers please. If your Explorer is the style built in 1991 and older, this information won't help me.

Thank you very much for those of you that can provide this information to me. I need it step by step. My truck is the XLT 4WD model.

Thanks,
Dennis

Dennis94XLT said:
Hi - I need some information please.

It appears that there are variations in how the autolamp delay is set in model years 2002 throught 2005. (This is the headlights on delay after ignition is turned off for vehicles that have the autolamp automatic on and off headlight systems). For those of you who still have your owner manual and have a 2002 through 2005 made earlier than December 1, 2004 - please tell me what your owner's manual tells you for the procedure to set the lights on delay for autolamp equipped Explorers please. If your Explorer is the style built in 1991 and older, this information won't help me.

Thank you very much for those of you that can provide this information to me. I need it step by step. My truck is the XLT 4WD model.

Thanks,
Dennis

Mine is accessed thru the message center, by pressing setup until autoheadlight delay is displayed, then you hit reset to scroll thru the delay times, until you reached the desired delay, then hit setup until your out of the menu.

This is for my 02 model.

FordLover said:
Mine is accessed thru the message center, by pressing setup until autoheadlight delay is displayed, then you hit reset to scroll thru the delay times, until you reached the desired delay, then hit setup until your out of the menu.

This is for my 02 model.

mine is the same

My 03 is the same

Back