• Register Today It's free!

Need help asap car wont start

Nefendt

Reaction score
City, State
St. Paul MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Explore EB
I bought a 2001 Ford Explore around a month ago and Ive had to have it jumped a few times knowing the bat. was getting low, but still started on its own...
Went to replace the bat. and still wont start lights come on and everything is going pullys n all but it just wont turn over. It acts like it wants to just wont fully turn over. Makes some bad grinding noise when I turn the key. Was thinking that it may be the started, but im not sure. Someone could come and jump my car right now and it would run n work just fine till I shut it down, but if i try to staret it back up it just wont start up....help!

Is it...
Starter?
Flywheel?
Alternator?

can anyone help me out here.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Take it to the auto parts store and have them test the battery and alternator and go from there.

I just put a brand new bat. in it and it hasnt ran since i put the new one in it.

If it is a brand new battery I suspect the battery connections. Also check where the large cable connects to the starter. If you greased the battery terminals, clean them very well.

When I go to turn it over all the lights come on and the pulls are going, and I can have it jump started and it runs just fine. Everything works so I dont think it bat. issues. When I go to turn it over it sounds like im trying to start a car that is alread running. So it leades me to the started again. But I just wanna make sure, before I blow anymore money into it.

If a jump start makes the starter work, then the starter is fine, wouldn't you think?
If jump start makes the starter work, then wouldn't you think the issue is with the battery , or connections? I sure do.

Back