Need help deciding on 2 wheels, need opinions | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need help deciding on 2 wheels, need opinions

I am going to lift my truck (O7 Sport Trac) soon with RoadBully's spacers and do 20" rims and 33" (275/60/20) tires

I can't decide on two rims, both in matte black KMC XD series.

1) ROCKSTAR
rockstar_black.jpg

2)MONSTER
monster_black.jpg

MY TRUCK:
2647532_29.jpg

Also with a 8.5, 9, or 10" rim width, what backspace should I use?

Also you vote on the poll on my http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2647532 (cardomain page)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice!! What size/brand tires. They look like they have a decent amount of sidewall.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nevermind, just checked out your cardomain page--Scorpion's in 275/55/20's. I recently put 275/55/17 Scorpion STR's on my Path. More Pics! Looking Good!

Nice!! What size/brand tires. They look like they have a decent amount of sidewall.

5.75 inch sidewall. I don't want to go with too low of a profile, I live in the country. Roads are not that well maintained. Potholes and patches everywhere. Some of it you can't avoid.

The 275/55/20 works out to roughly 32"tall x 11" wide.

016.jpg

Yep, I understand, I am not a fan of super low profile tires on SUV's. Not only potholes etc but I just dont think they look right. It is why I went with 17's on the Path over 20's.

Back