Need help from the Aftermarket 5.0 guys | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need help from the Aftermarket 5.0 guys

TekMan05

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas City
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLT 5.0 V8
Looking for some new valve covers on my re-built 5.0 with scorpion rockers. Currently I'm using 5.0 F-150 valve covers with the oil fill on the driver's side not the pass. I wanna get some cleaner neater covers and one's where the oil fill is in the original location. I inquired on summit about these ones http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FMS-M-6582-A351R/ They said they're stock height but wouldn't verify stock for an Explorer or F-150 pickup 5.0. The Pick up versions are taller than The Explorer covers which is what I need to clear my valve train. What have some of you guys with built 5.0's used on here? :salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm curious also. Do I remember correctly that stock 5.0 mustang covers will work?

You will need an intake spacer for just about any normal aftermarket cover but they will work. Now getting one with an oil fill where you want it is the other hard part.

You will need an intake spacer for just about any normal aftermarket cover but they will work. Now getting one with an oil fill where you want it is the other hard part.

I do as because I have the Torque Monster Headers with the EGR tube fitted for the spacer.

I was in the same position as you were as I have comp gold roller rockers.. i went with standard height trick flow valve covers and one of their universal filler necks. I had it aluminum welded in the factory location.

If need be as long as those covers clear my rockers my friend has a welder to make small modifications like that. We did on those F-150 covers.

I usesd 87-93 Mustang aluminum valve covers on mine. The oly problem is the oil fill tube was to short so when I changed or added oil I had to remove the intake tube so I could get to the oil fill cap.

I would post pics but I can't as photo hosting sites are blocked here at work. Now we can watch all the Youtube we want, check in on our Facebook freinds and tweet all we want. Go figure :confused::rolleyes:

Back