Correct MAF adapter size for cone filter? And hunting down the aftermarket headlight assemblies | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Correct MAF adapter size for cone filter? And hunting down the aftermarket headlight assemblies

BearHug

Reaction score
City, State
Anchorage, AK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer XLT
This is a two part inquiry:

1) What is the correct size for the MAF adapter/filter thing needed to attach a cone filter? I've searched other threads but most of the links to parts are dead so hoping someone can enlighten me here.

2) Anyone had luck tracking down aftermarket explorer headlight assemblies? I've been hunting online for them but have only found the following options. And none are really appealing.

- Stock replacement assemblies ($40-75)
- Diamond cut LMCs ($290!!?!). Too rich for my blood: Custom Headlight Set | 1991-94 Ford Explorer | LMC Truck
- Smoked Ebay assemblies with the LED strip thing ($100-130). Don't really want to spend that much on a not street legal assembly. 1991-1994 RANGER/1989+ RANGER/BRONCO II SMOKE LED HEADLIGHTS CORNER SIGNAL AM AW | eBay

I really liked the the DFJ headlights provided by Sparktec Motors ($140). However, I contacted them and both the lightly smoked assembly and white assembly are sold out (pull down these webpages please...) yet are the first results to appear in Google. DFJ 1991-1994 FORD EXPLORER 1 PIECE CRYSTAL HEADLIGHTS W /LED W/ AMBER (JDM BLACK) - Part Number: HLAW-EXPL91LED1P-JDMA - Sparktec Motorsports - Headlights

The ones above appear to be the same ones put on the pimped out Post Malone first gen explorer. Worth a viewing if you haven't seen it yet: Post Malone Pimps Out '92 Ford Explorer, Now It's a $75k Texas Whip! (PHOTO + VIDEO)

Any other headlight assembly leads? Had thought about going full custom and carving up the assembly to add some circular headlights (a la early Bronco).

Any 3" adapter will work. Don't get suckered into spending $. They all work the same & the way they connect is a low stress part.
The only good looking lights are the ones that no one makes any longer. Those crystal ones like LMC but they were smoked as well. With the crystal turn/side markers. Depot used to make them. I had a set & loved them.
Those others look out of place to me. However, there is a guy on here that has that ebay set. Maybe search I saw it posted before.

Back