• Register Today It's free!

NEED HELP! lifting a 95x

95xrider

Reaction score
City, State
charlotte
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Eddie B
whats going on guys, im brand new to this forum and i need some seriouse help. i recently jsut got some 33" a/t from a buddy of mine and everytime i hit a speed bump to hard it nails the top of my wheel well. I looked for a lift for it, but its seems that i have the ******* year that no one makes anyhting for, and i cant get a body lift cause i have welded body mounts. So I was wondering if yall knew of any company's that could give me a suspension lift. I ultiamtly want a 4.5" but i will take anything i can get to get those tires from hittin, and plus it would look a whole lot better. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do a search for a torsion twist. You can do a body lift, the lift doesn't replace the mounts which are welded to the frame, it replaces the rubber(?) isolators that sit on top of the mounts...ford never welded or bolted the body directly to the frame there would be no sound or vibration isolation if they did. Do the Torsion twist for 2"s and a 2 or 3" bl and your set :)

superlift...
do a search

My advice: Torsion twist front, AAL/Shackles in the rear and a 3" BL you'll fit those 33's comfortably with MAYBE minor tupperware trimming. It will give you 5" of lift on the truck, with another 1 - 2 from the tires.

I'm looking for 32's for mine, might wait though for 33's once I do the 3" BL on mine as well.

yea i was looking into the torsion twist but my only problem was i didnt want a stiff ride. So I was just seeing if there were any kits out there or anything that could help me, and if not the torsion twist would be my last hope. But what are the companys name that makes the body lift?

I just wanna know if there is a actualy suspension lift for my x. and if not what can i do to to get that ground clearance with out doing the torsion twist. Also what companys make the body lifts?

3rd post...superlift makes a kit. Performance Accessories makes body lifts, do a part number search cause the kit is actually for a ranger, but it works for explorers. All you'll have to do is make make the bumper lift brackets

Awesom. so a ranger superlift and ranger body lift? Now if i get like a 2" body lift will i have to extend anything? such as radiator hose or stuff like that? And I appreciate yalls help with this, I was scard I came to a dead end with my explorer. But i appreciate yall's time and patience.

95xrider said:
Now if i get like a 2" body lift will i have to extend anything?
:thumbsup: Search feature ;)

I beleive there is an explorer specific superlift kit. Not really sure, i'm a 1st gen guy who's not using a kit to do my lift haha

superlift and trailmaster both make kits for the ranger which are adaptable to the explorer. they are about 2k with a new front drive shaft. the body lift i used is a performance accesories 2" made for a 91-94 explorer. the kit works but you need to thread the bolts up farther than the kit comes with, or you can swap bolts around with the old ones and it works, but i opted for brand new bolts and just threaded them.

and use the search. theres more than enough information on the body lift options and how to do a torsion twist. theres even a few threads out there that compare the superlift to the trailmaster kit.

ah thanks for the clarification...i couldn't remember

OK ill chekc out the other forums. But does the ranger suspension lift have to match my year? Because i checked out wheel parts and some other places and they only have ranger 4wd lifts for 98-current and 2001 -current.

Alright guys, after doing some research, I see that im gunan go with the 4" superlift, but my question is, do i get the 96 - current suspension lift or do i get the 95 - 97 ranger superlift? I'm a little bit confused on what yall are telling me to get. Thanks again for being patient for my stupid questions haha. thanks guys

get the one for the 96+ explorer

wow u have the money for the susp lift...i wish i did...

NO, nto just yet. I gotta sell my 79 f50 to get the money.

IF ANYONE know anyone that wants a 79 F150 with 6 inch sky jacker lift, ranhco stabalizer, 36" swampers 4x4 4sp ( 3sp granny gear) That has a 4 liter 300 inline 6 in it that is a HOSS let me know by emailing me at supraguy189@yahoo.com, its also in msn autos. thanks guys

Dont wast money on a IFS suspenion lift. Do a 2" BL and trim a bit off the back of the fender up front and your all set. If you want I will help you put the body lift on since im only in Winston Salem

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

dont get a 95-97 ranger lift. that model ranger had ttb front suspension. you'll want a 98+ ranger kit, or i beleive there is specific explorer kits that those 2 companies make, but nissanboy is right, just do tt/shackles and a body lift. and use the saved moeny to regear and lock your explorer.

Back