• Register Today It's free!

Need more turbo sound!

rjs09gtr

Reaction score
City, State
Langhorne pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 explorer sport
Just bought a 2013 explorer sport, and the turbos are silent! What’s the best budget friendly way to get more sound from the turbos? I had a ecoboost F150 that had baffles in the intake tubes that I removed and got more sound, do the explorers have these?

Just bought a 2013 explorer sport, and the turbos are silent! What’s the best budget friendly way to get more sound from the turbos? I had a ecoboost F150 that had baffles in the intake tubes that I removed and got more sound, do the explorers have these?
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I've read posts that said that a Cold Air Intake can add a more aggressive sound but I have no personal experience with them.

Peter

removing the airbox or modify it will allow more sounds from intake and exhaust side of things
After that you will want to modify the factory exhaust
these are soccer mom vans with performance sport truck underneath, many things done from the the factory to make them "quiet" turbos

VTA mod will allow excess boost to blow out and make a slight "woosh" sound. I have the Boomba adapters and they definitely make noise. Check on youtube for sound examples

Back