Need some Help,Broken Fuel lines!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need some Help,Broken Fuel lines!!!

CountryBoy78

Reaction score
City, State
Rice Lake, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Limited 4.0L 4x4
Hey Guys, I need some help and advice.
I got a 94 Limited Ex that I am replaceing the fuel pump. Tank is out of the truck.
My question is I broke the metal fuel lines from the sending unit off in both fuel lines. They were rusted all to hell. I pulled the gator clips or (whatever they are called ) out of the stainless fuel lines.
I sprayed PB rust blaster in the lines to help lube them and cleaned them up. So the only thing that can be holding the steel lines in there are the o-rings.

Oh and another problem is I barely have enough line stuck in there to get a needle nose pliers in to grab on but I keep tearing chunks of the line off. If I keep going there will not be anything left to grab on to.
Can the stainless steel lines ends be cut off and new fittings put on?
I know they are pressurized lines so what are my options are if I can't get the old sending unit lines out of the main fuel lines.
I am running out of ideas what to do. Thanks for the help.

Well time to take a nap I got to work tonight. I'll check later for some answers.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello ..........hello.........anybody out there??????

I thought I remember seeing a set of Fuel line repair parts from Dorman (help section people). I don't know if it will work on a 1st gen, but its at least worth looking into.

I could have sworn I saw someone on here that used them, but I don't remember what year X they had.

~Mark

do you have the right size quick disconnects?
maybe an ez-out would grab the inside enough to pull it out.

Hey Guys I got them to come apart. I used a screw extractor to get the rusted sending unit lines to spin loose. Once I broke their seal on the o rings I used a needle nose pliers and pulled them out.
I guess it was brain over brawn that won that battle.
Tomarrow's project is to fininsh installing the new pump and hopefully no leaks. Thanks for the tips guys.

Back