Need some ultra gauge help

colintrax

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
I ordered an ultra gauge and it's freakin sweet :D buuuuut the main reason I got it is to watch my mpg and thus be a more fuel efficient driver. And it's not reading the mpg....
MPG reads 000 as does the MPH, everything else seems to work. I'm confused as to how the PCM reads MPH. I'm gonna guess the issue is the PCM not reading the MPH and thus not knowing how many miles I've driven to get a MPG. However my speedo works, so shouldn't the PCM know?
And it's not the ultra gauge, check in mom's 2007 Escape. BTW, 27 mpg with the v6 :thumbsup:

I put fuel tank size as 20.8 gallons, engine as 4.0, I did the injector cut off at 28 and tried cutting it down to 14. Didn't make a difference. I also did the fuel tank fill up thing and zeroed the miles driven.

Might be a shot in the dark but on my scangaugeII(not familiar with ultragauge) some parameters that are reported by the PCM had to be programmed into the unit. I have a 99 so it may be different for the 96-97 but different years report things differently. You can go to their site and find programming info for the parameters that Ford reports on different years. Worth a shot.

As far as I know theres nothing to be programed. When I switched it over to my mom's escape I changed the displacement to 3 liters and injector cut off to 21, and changed the tank size to 16.5
That's the only thing I know how to change that would effect what works or not. I did program my max tq but left it the same for the escape (probably close anyways)

Back