• Register Today It's free!

Need the correct tire pressure

xtoolmaker

Reaction score
City, State
orlando florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 xls
I am changing from 16 inch to 17 inch tires.Need the tire pressure off your door jam for 245/65/17 inch tires.I have a 03 xls 4X4 but any model with 245's stock will tell me what I need.:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am changing from 16 inch to 17 inch tires.Need the tire pressure off your door jam for 245/65/17 inch tires.I have a 03 xls 4X4 but any model with 245's stock will tell me what I need.:)

Not saying I know what I'm talking about here, but.. Wouldn't it depend on the type of tire you got to determine proper tire wear and comfort?

Not saying I know what I'm talking about here, but.. Wouldn't it depend on the type of tire you got to determine proper tire wear and comfort?

No the tire pressure recommended on the door by Ford is for any tire of that size on that year vehicle. Thanks for the quick reply though.

proper pressure is 35 psi from the door of the truck

Justin

Thanks Justin, but I really would like someone with a 02-05 to chime in here.30 psi front35 psi rear is what the 235/70/16 tires that came stock on my X are supposed to run.Maybe any size stock tire is 35psi.

Maybe any size stock tire is 35psi.

This is correct, you can up the pressure to anything you want (that the tire can hold) based on gas mileage, the higher the pressure the higher the gas mileage, but the more wear and irregular wear the tire will experience.

However to the main question, The pressure is 35 psi for a 2002-2005 explorer.

Justin

tire pressure for third gen X

Tried this on the 02-05 forum with no luck. Can someone with a 02-05 X 4X4 with 245/65/17 stock tires give me the pressure reading from the drivers door?I am switching over from 16in. to 17in. the X has 235/70/16 on it from the factory with a 30 psi front 35 psi rear fill spec.Thanks

ahh, I see. I only say that because my door says to run the P235s at 26 psi. However, I run 31x10.50s at 38 psi with perfect even treadwear and a little more of a rough ride. :dunno: I dunno, was just curious.

I have a 2004 V8 Limited Edition that came with stock 17's and it says "35 psi" on my door jam too.

My 2003 has 245/65/17s. The stickers have 30 in front and 35 in the rear.

My 2003 has 245/65/17s. The stickers have 30 in front and 35 in the rear.

Thanks alot for the correct pressure.I trust the door sticker as they have a lot riding on it with the old rollover issue.My door sticker with the 16" tires says 30 front,35rear.:thumbsup:

it should also say the correct PSI On the tire`s wall. It may be different for the type of tires your getting

it should also say the correct PSI On the tire`s wall. It may be different for the type of tires your getting

NO!

This is the maximum pressure that is allowed on the tire before it becomes unsafe to drive on it. Your car probably will ride like **** and you will wear the tires out a lot faster if you ride with this at it's maximum.

Read up on things before you post.

http://www.michelinman.com/tire-care/tire-basics/
read up, might help you out

Justin

Gday mate my door sticker says 32psi cold. Im running 245/17/65 michelin rear and 245/17/65 dunlops front. Wonder if 32 psi is an aussie thing.

Gday mate my door sticker says 32psi cold. Im running 245/17/65 michelin rear and 245/17/65 dunlops front. Wonder if 32 psi is an aussie thing.

Thanks all for the help.But 30psi front.35psi rear is the one I am going by.Metric psi?:cool:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back