Need tips for modding my '05 GT | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need tips for modding my '05 GT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a wishlist too. I'm still trying to learn the world of RWD pony cars but these are some of the things I want done.

Comp Cams
Mac Shorty Headers
MID Pipe
Under drive Pullies
Tuner. Either SCT or Diablo
Roush Hood Scoop
Racing Stripes.

That's a start. I hope to accomplish this goal over the next year and a half!

When are we going to get you out to the track for some baseline numbers?

Like I said, Im shooting for early May. But which vehicle are ya referring to??

Like I said, Im shooting for early May. But which vehicle are ya referring to??

I was talking about the mustang, since you haven't run it yet. Baseline numbers meaning what it runs before you start modding it, so you can tell which mods help your quarter mile and by how much.

Yeah I figured you may of been meaning the Mustang. Great idea, that helped seal in my decision.lol Thanks I will bring the stang next time I go out to the tracks. Although I really do want to get the truck out there atleast once this year. But I do wanna get some baseline numbers first, especially before doing these mods I plan on doing. For now I wanna remain naturally aspirated!

I have a wishlist too. I'm still trying to learn the world of RWD pony cars but these are some of the things I want done.

Comp Cams
Mac Shorty Headers
MID Pipe
Under drive Pullies
Tuner. Either SCT or Diablo
Roush Hood Scoop
Racing Stripes.

That's a start. I hope to accomplish this goal over the next year and a half!

Forget the shorty headers. Either go with long tubes or stick to the stock manifolds. The difference between the shorty's and the stock manifolds isn't worth the money. Put the $$ into suspension mods or subframe connectors instead.

For a mid pipe, I'd highly recommend a Bassani catted X. I've got one on my Mach, and it really sounds good and definitely flows far better than the stock H-Pipe.(I have a Borla cat-back too)

As for the tuner, first figure out what shop you might be working with for a tune/dyno testing, and see what software they have. Then get the tuner to match what they have.

I'd also recommend a good CAI to go with the upgraded exhaust. I run a C&L CAI/MAF tube combo on my car.

Thanks for the advice on the headers. Currently I already got American Thunder axle back exhaust and a Spectre CAI. It was the cheapest one on the net I could find. If I knew how sensitive the MAF sensors on these cars were I would of gotten a tuner first. It throws a CEL and causes me to run lean. But Like I said I dunno about LT's because doesn't that require cutting the Converters?? I'm still trying to learn the mustang stuff out. Also What type of cam should I consider. I want a power upgrade with an improved sound but I also don't wanna sacrifise drivability and MPG's .

Back