Need wiring diagram for '93 JBL system | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need wiring diagram for '93 JBL system

98formulaLS1

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia Beach, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 XLS
Ok, so I installed my headunit yesterday and all the speakers work fine, but the sub doesnt work.

Does someone have a wiring diagram of my complete audio system for a 1993 JBL system? thanks

:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my setup sounded better when i bypassed the factory amp

my setup sounded better when i bypassed the factory amp

well thank you but theres no wiring diagram in your post...
confused.gif

Are you hooking the HU up wire by wire or what? If you are, the factories sub is wired by the factory amp...if that makes sense.

The factory amp is on the passenger side in the back...beside the factory sub. Don't fvk around with the left side...thats the 4x4 motor.

Radio 12v lt. green/yellow +

radio harness

Radio Ground black or black/lt. green
Radio Ignition yellow/black
Radio Illumination lt. blue/red (dimmer)
Factory Amp Turn-on dk. blue
Power Antenna N/A
LF Speaker +/- orange/lt. grn - lt. blue/wht +,- radio harness or amplifier
RF Speaker +/- white/lt. grn - dk. green/org +,- radio harness or amplifier
LR Speaker +/- pink/lt. green - tan/yellow +,- radio harness or amplifier
RR Speaker +/- orange/red - black/white +,- radio harness or amplifier

best i can do for ya here:

img021.jpg

Explorer

I have a question if enyone can help me out i recently had a new head unit
installed kenwood reciver that outputs 50 watts per chanell and new alpine speakers i just found out that my vehicle has a factory amp will it help if i bypass it to get more sound out of it and how can i do it

I have a question if enyone can help me out i recently had a new head unit
installed kenwood reciver that outputs 50 watts per chanell and new alpine speakers i just found out that my vehicle has a factory amp will it help if i bypass it to get more sound out of it and how can i do it

the 50 watts per channel is maximum. on average you'll probably only be somewhere around 17-22 watts. you won't gain any sound out of just bypassing the amp but if you want to do it then the easiest way to buy a harness made by Metra Electronics, part # 70-5514. the harness with a plug on both ends is the piece specifically you're wanting. you unplug two harnesses from the factory amp (search on this forum) and plug them into that harness. that's it

21R4A56FHVL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Hello everyone ,
I am installing a new car stereo with gps blue tooth kind a thing and i need to connect it to revers light power

i wonder if anyone can tell me what is the colore for this wire in the steering colm

thanks in advance

anyone ever get a sub working in a 1st gen with an aftermarket head unit?

Back