neon lights | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

neon lights

hey guys, my friend introduced me to this forum, and i think its great. I have a few plans for my 96 X sport, I want to get about 3-4 neon lights inside the car. please give any suggestions about prices, and places to put them in my car. any other neon light suggestions would also help. thx.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

4 is a good number for the inside of your X. Put one under each side of the dash, and underneath each of the backseats. Make sure none of the neon light itself can be seen, just the glow. You're gonna want to get ones that don't have the transformer as part of the cigarette lighter adapter. That way you can just cut the wires and run them all to the same switch. I got mine from Best Buy, they have a lifetime warranty and they cost me $22 a piece.

where's BH,CA? and i don't know much about neons i don't like 'em personally but a lot of members have them under glove box (passenger) and under steering column (driver)

bh, ca

bh= beverly hill but dont think im loaded up the ass we are not all rich folks. by the way, i have two woofers in the back and i was thinking of lighting them up to. any suggestions on that?

I'm moving this to the lighting forum.

Welcome to the site! Don't hesitate to use the search feature. There are many threads on neons and other accent lighting. Good luck with this project.

ya you could put a tube on your sub box-wouldn't be much of a point tho if you cover it w/a cargo cover but thats just my opinion-Beverly hills ain't that far from me......

They sell neon rings that will fit around your subs, you can hook them up to an audio sensor and they will flash to the music. Personally I don't like neon installations where you can see the tubes, just the effect of them, but to each his own.

I've put 4 9" neons in, one under each person's foot area, look at my webpage for pics and one 15" neon for the amp in the back. If you do this use Streetglow, they are the best.

Blue and red are illegal almost anywhere but if you have tinted windows and the tubes are not visbile then you should not have a problem.

shadow pretty much sums it up. i feel the same about seeing the tubes, i cant stand it. oh, and btw, i just recently put a 4 foot tube under my back seat, yeah!!! :D :D

Originally posted by Cartman
Blue and red are illegal almost anywhere but if you have tinted windows and the tubes are not visbile then you should not have a problem.

Maybe in Canada. I've never heard of that in Michigan. All my neons are blue. But that brings up a good point. Check your local laws as to what kind of lighting is illegal. i know here, it is illegal to drive with an underbody neon kit. I have one, just can only have it on when parked.

Originally posted by A Wise Guy
Let's take it back to say 1992.

Visible neon tubes=DORK!

You should come to Port Huron and teach a class, 95% of kids with neon put them on stock cars with no body kit. Disgusting!!!!

Back then I was running a set up of custom tubes. We didn't have wally world selling them for $20. a tube. I had 2-12" ans 2-13" purple neons under the saddle bags of my '84 Goldwing. That was the tune of about 3 Bills and you needed a transformer and had to wire them in a series with that big ass neon cable. When I sold that bike and bought a Purple '95 Goldwing everybody was surprised that the tubes did not go on. You would have been able to see them and I just couldn't be seen in public like that. Would rather own a Chevy then see the tubes.

neon woofer rings

ShadowA2J They sell neon rings that will fit around your subs, you can hook them up to an audio sensor and they will flash to the music. Personally I don't like neon installations where you can see the tubes, just the effect of them, but to each his own.

hey shadow, i agree with you on the seeing of the tubes, but i really want something to enhance the look of the subs. where can i find these rings, how much do they cost, and are they easy to install. Great idea tho. thx.

Re: neon woofer rings

Originally posted by y3kbuddy
hey shadow, i agree with you on the seeing of the tubes, but i really want something to enhance the look of the subs. where can i find these rings, how much do they cost, and are they easy to install. Great idea tho. thx.

Here are some on Ebay. Dead Link Removed You can see the sellers other items for different colors. Very easy to install. Your other option is to use regular tubes, and just build like a false top to you box. Put the neons under that and you won't see the bulbs. You could do something level with the top of your subs so it doesn't look any different. Another idea is to put them in the ports of your box(if you have a ported box) and then it will look like the box itself is glowing from inside.

underbody neons

hey guys i decided to get the neon underbody for my car. I'v done some research and found this neon underbody kit by fusion. There are 2 (30") and 2 (54") tubes 9500 V. well heres the site for more info (all the way at the bottom of the link): Dead Link Removed You guys think this is a good deal or should i keep searching? By the way im getting blue. ill post some pictures when i get them installed. If you guys know of any good deals on underbody kits, please tell me. Thanks, you guys have been great.

Check EBay. I got mine for $100 shipped. In fact heres one I found by doing a quick search. Dead Link Removed Exact same one you want, total price $95 shipped. just make sure you check the sellers warranties on shipping damage.

hmm

do yourself a fav and get street glow goldline series lights, lifetime warranty, best brightness by far..

www.streetglow.com

Neon Junky

I went with Street Glow from Vanhorn $150 I've went off-roading alot and only the last time broke one (still under warentee) and two aren't working, but either way they are under warrentee.

Inside I went with The Street Glow Black lights. I have:

2- 9" under driver/pass side
2-10" under front of drivers/pass seat
2-6" under back of drivers/pass seat
1- 10" and 1 - 20" under back seat.

This looks cool, but they haven't prefected the black lights so I'm always sending them in.

In my buddies neon we put 2 - 10" under the front seats and a 30" underbody tube in the front of the back seat -- HOLY FREK'n BRIGHT!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back