Neon Underbody Light laws | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Neon Underbody Light laws

Does anybody know if it is illegal to have neon underbody lights on your vehicle in Minnesota? I have looked all over but cant find anything relating to it. Do you know a place to look?

All help would be appreciated!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

drive around with them on and see if you get pulled over duh... :rolleyes: ok im sorry thats bad advice umm 2 of the more easier things to do is call the police department or go to a local sound shop or somethin of the sort who caries underbody kits and ask them...

Ok, I'll give that a try.

streetglow.com has a part on their forum that discusses the legalities of neons

-j-

Anyone with neons should post here about the legality of them in their state. I've got em' and here in KY they are legal. The only thing not legal is any red or blue that faces the front of the vehicle. Also, the winshield wiper LEDs are now illegal along with any other "beam of light." Other than that everything is legal.

In Illinois, where i go to school, everything is illegal more or less. No neons, strobes, wiper LEDs, etc. Thats gonna kinda suck when i go back to school but I can probably get out of it one time since I can pull the "I'm from outta state, i didn't know, sorry" act.... :p

True dat about Illinois :( I live there also...and seeing as i have QUITE a few neons...most of the cops round me know me...so its not to bad (their pretty nice normallY) only have gotten one ticket so far

Carl

Minnesota Neons

It is legal to have neons on your underbody in minnesota, but they must be turned off when the car is moving. all exterior lights are proibited while moving.

GA doesn't have a problem, but you will get bother you if they can see the acutual bulbs up under the car

VA's Law

Only time you can have them on is when the car is parked. Otherwise, they better be off

-Drew

In michigan it is illegal to have neons under the car.

and in ohio it is legal. I know both of these because i live on the border

Unless its a show car why would you want neon lights under your vehicle anyway?

Jersey

In Jersey you can have them but must be off unless parked (applies to all accessory lighting) but depends on the local cops too (heard stories of people getting hassled by the cops for them while parked)

Back