New Aerostar with 59K miles! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Aerostar with 59K miles!

Check eBay/Amazon for a replacement. I wouldn't bother trying repairs. I bought one from "radiatorclassic" there last year for $75.69 delivered. I just did an ebay search for "Aerostar Radiator" and see the price hasn't changed much.

If you were on right now, I see one going for $$68.95/free shipping in the next few hours without any bids on it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-1997-Ford-Aerostar-Radiator-FO3010164-Fits-E69Z8005D-3-0L-6Cyl-Auto-TOC-901-/390692191946?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AAerostar&hash=item5af711beca&vxp=mtr

Don't laugh but i never bot stuff from ebay be for but i for got my local radiator shop cleans and fixes them for 45 bucks with a 1 year warranty i might go with that path

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I paid over a hundred for a radiator, so the EBay place is pretty cheap. You might be better off getting a new one for $68.95 instead of repairing the old one for $45. You could get an additional $1.38 in EBay bucks back with Paypal. Does he install it for that price too or is that just for the repair if you give it to him? You could get a few dollars back if you give the old radiator into a scrap metal recycling shop.

I paid over a hundred for a radiator, so the EBay place is pretty cheap. You might be better off getting a new one for $68.95 instead of repairing the old one for $45. You could get an additional $1.38 in EBay bucks back with Paypal. Does he install it for that price too or is that just for the repair if you give it to him? You could get a few dollars back if you give the old radiator into a scrap metal recycling shop.

that price is for me taking it to him to fix i never bough stuff from ebay and iv ordered one online once and had to send them both back because they both came damaged in shipping and ended up waiting two weeks for a good one to show up after that I went to auto parts store and the last one I had fixed but my current one leaks when it fells like it

Sorry to hear of you bad luck when purchasing from eBay. Mine arrived promptly and didn't have a mark on it. I've had very good luck with my eBay purchases. I always make sure the seller's rating is near the top though. I buy laser toner cartridges all the time and do get a bad one once in awhile but the sellers have always made them good.

Good luck with your repairs.

My radiator was leaking when it wanted to as well

Picked up a new one, cap and t-stat from Advanced Auto website for 109 shipped

They was a code on the website for 10% off and free shipping

my cooling fan is plastic and round the base of the fan were the blades connect is cracked in multiple spots its it still ok or should that be replaced when thr radiator gets fixed or can I keep on using it

All of these fans crack after a while but they keep on going. How bad are the cracks? Could you post a picture?

there not to bad of cracks I still cant get any pics posted but ill keep trying the biggest one spans the hole base and I could stick a quarter in the gap

got it I think

Attachments

• DSCN2509.jpg
    DSCN2509.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 188
  • DSCN2510.jpg
    DSCN2510.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 181

Click the go advanced icon then the manage attachments icon. You will be able to upload the photos from your computer as an attachment to a post.

that is a way easy to post pics like that

It's easy to attach a few small photos, but not that practical if you're trying to add text in between large photos. That crack is major, and isn't like the smaller cracks I've seen before. Try a junkyard or an aftermarket fan from Hayden or a similar company. Did you consider upgrading to an electric fan?

It's easy to attach a few small photos, but not that practical if you're trying to add text in between large photos. That crack is major, and isn't like the smaller cracks I've seen before. Try a junkyard or an aftermarket fan from Hayden or a similar company. Did you consider upgrading to an electric fan?

no I really don't want dump tons of money into it I bought it because it was cheap and low miles it still needs new shocks a tune up tires and a radiator ill look for a cheap fan for it

are the fans the same as the ranger and explorers

after I was showed ho to post here my van

Attachments

• DSCN2511.jpg
    DSCN2511.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 176
  • DSCN2513.jpg
    DSCN2513.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 181
  • DSCN2512.jpg
    DSCN2512.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 186

Have you ever seen or heard of them coming apart when the engine was running

On my ex it is missing a blade and all cracked at orielly it was 30. With lifetime warranty

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No, but anything is possible. It looks great! :thumbsup: Most of the 1996 models have a side moulding along the side of the body.

oh they did I would like to break it up a bit with some type of moulding or strip and I took the old ugly stock plastic hub caps off and im doing to do like the 80s models had with the center cap and ring just finished repainting the rims black

Back