• Register Today It's free!

New Brake Pads/Rotors Shakes

Abraxsis

Reaction score
City, State
Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport
I just changed the front brake pads and rotors on my 01 Sport yesterday. Tonight, while taking a drive down the interstate my truck started REALLY shaking when I hit a pot hole. Within a minute the shaking subsided and I begin to think I had hit a rumble strip. On the way back I hit another hole on the road and the shaking occurred again for about a minute. We looked over the brakes and they looked OK.

Anyone experience this? Any idea of what it could be?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had a similar problem when my shocks were shot.

Zenonb

I had a similar problem when my shocks were shot.

Zenonb

Well, mine does have the original shocks on the front. Maybe us lifting it up and down on the floor jack 4 times over the course of the night damaged the shock. But the shaking didn't seem to be coming from an up and down motion, but a side to side. Like literally, the pop in the center console was shaking near violently in the holder.

Well, I racked my steering all the way left to right about a dozen times and headed out on a test drive. I hit every bump I could find on the interstate and it seems to be gone. Ive read a few other places that the "violent shaking" after a brake job is from having the truck in the air and moving the wheels by hand. Air gets into the PS system and causes the issue.

I hope it is fixed, I am about to head back home before the snow flies and I've got 200 miles to click off.

do you still have your abs tone rings from you old rotors?

please say you do...I will buy it off ya

Back