Elite Ranger
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Omao, Kauai
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Ranger XLT 4X4
With major assistance from RockRanger, I have a new rear bumper! It is 3x6 inch tubesteel, 3/16" thickness. I gained 7" in clearance counting the Hidden Hitch that was under the bumper. I still need to upgrade the license plate mount, it's tywire right now.
To go along with the new bumper, I trimmed off about 8" of body behind the rear wheels. I used my circular saw with a metal cutting blade in it. Worked like a charm. I highly recommend it over a sawzall if you are cutting straight lines.

Attachments

• bumper1.jpg
    bumper1.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 236

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bill,

Does the tube wrap towards the wheel well I cant tell from the pic? Thats what Im going to do to my Navajo when I build a bumper this fall/winter.

On another subject- what springs are you running i the front? If im not mistaken you have the Rancho susp, with a 4" front spring. In the fall I would like to gain some height and I am back to thinking about a 4" spring up front (on my existing Rancho lift) and new rear springs.

Thanks

Steve, the bumper is just a straight piece, like a 2x4. It doesn't extend towards the wheelwells. I figure it's cut away so high now, nothing will hit it.
My front springs are 4" skyjacker, with everything else being the Rancho lift. I'm also planning on new rear leafs by fall.

Looks good trimmed up and painted. Let me know if you want to wrap it around the edges and we can do it up as well.

Matt

Back