New bumper after body lift? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New bumper after body lift?

BoatsRcool

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Greenville SC (Home) Clemson SC (School)
Year, Model & Trim Level
GMC Yukon 4x4
Ok done the body lift, well almost. I either gotta figure out a way to raise the bumpers since i dont have raising brackets with the 2 inch or I gotta get a new bumper. I was thinking i like th elook without the bumper but it wouldnt be good during any fender benders. Mayber someone could make me a bumper out of think tubing?

What up Jon, haven't heard from you in a while. Did raising brackets not come with the kit or what? With a 2 inch kit this shouldn't be much of a problem, if it was a 3 inch you might be into a little trouble. I'd talk to the company you got it from and see about getting some. And if you want a tube bumper you could make a design or drawing and take it to a fab shop or someone who knows how to weld and they could make one for ya. Later,

Grant

thanks grant...

Well moneys low. I may just stick with the stock bumper now. Yeah my kit didnt come with brackets.. maybe i could call PA and get some. Will my bumpers adjust up and down enough to look decent? my truck looks BAD(cool bad)!!! I just need tires now!!but my cash flow is a nono.

Back