• Register Today It's free!

New Double Din in my Sport Trac

freezingbelow

Reaction score
City, State
Tyngsboro, Massachussets
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Sport Trac
Finally bit the bullet and picked up and installed a new Pioneer Double Din unit in my 03 ST. Been wanting to do this since I bought the truck but could never really decide what I wanted.

I went with the Pioneer AVH2300DVD. Used the cheap Walmart install kit as well as the wiring kit, Soldered and wrapped all my connections and installed it yesterday. What really made up my mind was the price. Currently on sale at Best Buy for $250 (Regularly $350). I gotta say for the price I couldnt say no. I honestly didnt think I would be too happy with it but so far I absolutely love it. Looks good, Sounds great even with the stock speakers, and is very easy to use. Has add on bluetooth as well as navigation, but I use my phone for GPS and dont get many calls so I really didnt want to pay for things I wouldnt really use in a more expensive unit.

Hightly reccomend this unit to anyone looking for a nice upgrade for not a lot of money!

2012-02-01_12-01-55_496.jpg

2012-02-01_12-01-41_400.jpg

2012-02-01_12-01-29_565.jpg

2012-01-31_17-25-56_851.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks clean.

Hows th audio?

Much better than the factory radio, even with the stock speakers

Nice upgrade

looks good man! i went with the 3200dvd in my 04 and i'm glad i went with that instead of a flip out..looks so much cleaner!

i have the same deck in my 98 mountaineer and love it..

Back