New Ford Radio | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Ford Radio

Ray Lobato

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Honda Accord
Hey check out the new AM/FM 6disc CD from Ford for the Explorer,Ranger, Mountainaire.
What do you guys think?
Dead Link Removed

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L. Dead Link Removed
97 XLT 4X4 4.0L SOHC

[

[This message has been edited by Ray Lobato (edited 07-23-1999).]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Boy all I gotta say is someone FINALLY got it right! I am so sick of trying to find a radio that looks stock, and does not look like a green and orange light show. Now if they made one that was the right size for my 1992 Explorer it would be sweet.

------------------
Ryan Penner
1992 Explorer Sport

Ray,

Looks very nice but a bit pricE for me considering its a NO NAME company. Although, does look like it would fit perfect and be an awesome addition to any Explorer.

Good call!!

Jordan
98 XLT
"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it."

No Name Company?!?!?! Give it 2 Years... 3 Tops. Visteon is going to be the worlds foremost Tier 1 supplier for the automotive industry. Visteon is already the right hand for most of the parts that go into Ford cars and trucks. By the way... VISTEON IS FORD!!!! Ford formed Visteon, owns Visteon, and runs Visteon. Many of the Ford parts supply plants are being re-badged as Visteon buildings... e.g. Utica Trim, Dearborn Glass, Bedford Indiana Fuel Systems Assembly, and most of the Research and Development labs in Dearborn. In fact, Visteon World Headquarters is located in the shadow of Ford World Headquarters..... ON FORD PROPERTY!!! No-name company my @$$! By the way... Expect Ford to "spin-off" Visteon the same way GM spun off Delphi. Won't be long... probably six months to a year from now.

My 2 cents...

no name company....

Hey Ryan,
I shot off and email to them and asked them if it would fit your 92, but they said it would not. Sorry Dead Link Removed

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L. :)
97 XLT 4X4 4.0L SOHC

Well it would not fit in the "normal" location. Dead Link Removed I probably will not buy this unit due to the cost involved. I may purchase a used unit from a newer Explorer or F150, and then put it in my console. Also at the same time making the stock location a blank face plate or something else there. If you want to see my inspiration for this idea go to www.installer.com and check out the install in the Suburban. I have my reasons for not wanting to install a brand name such as Pioneer or Sony just because none of them look nice. Dead Link Removed All I want on my radio display is the station, and a clock, nothing else! Dead Link Removed

------------------
Ryan Penner
1992 Explorer Sport

That looks like a pretty slick little unit. I wonder if they will offer it as an option in new cars. The price for it is actually $650 if you click on the link to their web page. Still a lot of money but for ease of installation it probably can't be beat.

------------------
Paul Gagnon
"No Brain, No Pain"
Dead Link Removed

rpenner54 - Try Alpine. I had the JBL premium system in my 92 XLT and replaced it with an Alpine CD player (CDE 7831?), not a changer. This is the deck that I had in my Cadillac for two years. My Explorer now sounds better than ANY car stereo I've ever heard, including my Mom's 99 Limited and my BMW. It's tasteful, loud enough to bypass the amp and still be able to hear on the highway. It's the clearest sounding car stereo I've ever heard. Just my opinion.

Good catch Ray, looks like a pretty slick (albeit expensive) setup.

The pertinent question though: is it slick enough to tempt one to sell off a new gun or two to afford getting one, Dead Link Removed hmmmmm?

Gerald

blasphemy, gerald. shame on you.

eric

Gerald,
They'll get my guns when they pry them from my cold dead hands. Dead Link Removed The only reason to sell a gun is to buy a better gun. just my .02. Dead Link Removed

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L. :)
97 XLT 4X4 4.0L SOHC

Now here is a post from the past :)

I have been seeing these in the new Fords. http://www.radiosandmore.com/images\f\cd6.jpg
I am probably going to buy one for the Crown Vic. Does anyone have one? If so how do you like it? By the way, the price has come down about $60.

For about $200 less, you can get a Kenwood DPX-600 that fits in the dash with about 15 minutes of modification to the dash (but you can still reinstall the factory unit and not notice any difference.) I've had one in my truck for the last 5 months, looks and sounds sweet. An install kit from Scosche (www.scosche.com, not listed on the page, but they have it if you call them) makes the job pretty easy, and it looks very professional.

I don't like the look of an aftermarket head unit in the newer cars and that one looks pretty flashy, sure to catch the eye of the wrong person. Besides that is a single disc player and I want the 6 disc and have no need for a cassette player. Thanks anyway though. :)

Pioneer, not Visteon

The same unit pictured at Ray's link to Visteon is identical to the one in my '01 except that it says Pioneer. My guess is that the six disc changer and electronics are licensed from Pioneer to Ford for this new unit. The 6 disc changer came for free with the $510, 7 speaker/240 watt audio upgrade. The unit is trouble free so far.

Back