How to: - New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
Yes, just changing the first value to F did not effect my auto-folding.

I have a 2017 Limited with memory mirrors with defauld auto-folding.

I added the F for the tilt, the auto-folding was not affected, but nothing happends when I put the Reverse. The mirrors are not moving.
I tried to calibrate them as in your spreadsheet instruction but they just don't move.

Does anyone had the same situation?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does anyone knows how to make the LED stripes to work during the day in Auto mode?
Now, by some stupid reason, instead of the nice led strips (that also by some stupid reason are on together with the lows) in Auto mode during the day is on the halogen lamp that also works as high.

Can you please explain what means enable concurrent fog/brights?
Thanks
I believe it means having the fog lights on with the high beams which I don't know if it's legal in all jurisdictions. Personally I can't stand drivers that use both fogs and low beams when conditions are clear. I travel on unlit country roads quite often and since I just got my Platinum a couple months ago I thought I'd try turning on my LED fogs along with my LED low beams and they made absolutely no difference to the light shining to the front. The only thing they did improve was the lighting immediately to the right and left of the vehicle which was already illuminated by the low beams anyway. If using that light to avoid running off the road you'd have to be travelling at about 10-15 mph.

Peter

Does anyone knows how to make the LED stripes to work during the day in Auto mode?
Now, by some stupid reason, instead of the nice led strips (that also by some stupid reason are on together with the lows) in Auto mode during the day is on the halogen lamp that also works as high.
Not too sure of what you want here. The LED strips (Signature Lighting) come on with the LED lows during the day in Canada as DRL are mandatory. Apparently you can turn the low beam off and leave the Signature Lights on. One member 613GT500 has done it but I'm not sure of the legality of that. I believe he used Forscan.

Peter

I have a 2017 Limited with memory mirrors with defauld auto-folding.

I added the F for the tilt, the auto-folding was not affected, but nothing happends when I put the Reverse. The mirrors are not moving.
I tried to calibrate them as in your spreadsheet instruction but they just don't move.

Does anyone had the same situation?
For about $7 I added 2" convex mirrors. I've used those about 50 years or more. No need to tilt and no loss of other vision due to the tilt. Lets you even see the rear tires.
The subject was brought up before but I don't recall anyone installing tilt mirrors.

Peter

PB080258a.jpg

I believe it means having the fog lights on with the high beams which I don't know if it's legal in all jurisdictions.

That's strange, on the Explorers sold in Russia, the fog lights can be turned on together with the high beams by default.

That's strange, on the Explorers sold in Russia, the fog lights can be turned on together with the high beams by default.
The automatically turn off here as soon as you put the high beams on.

Not too sure of what you want here. The LED strips (Signature Lighting) come on with the LED lows during the day in Canada as DRL are mandatory. Apparently you can turn the low beam off and leave the Signature Lights on. One member 613GT500 has done it but I'm not sure of the legality of that. I believe he used Forscan.

Peter

I would be glad if it would be like in Canada: during the day Signature Lighting + LED lows.

On the 2016-2017 Explorers sold in Russia, during the day (in Auto mode) it's turning on this:

Why is needed the Signature Lighting if it goes on only in manual mode or with the LED lows also in manual mode?

I would like to have in Auto mode or the Signature Lighting or at least as in Canada Signature Lighting + LED lows.

I would really apreciate if someone could help me on how to do that with forscan.

Can you please explain what means enable concurrent fog/brights?
Thanks
I believe someone had said it, but the NHTSA limits forward facing white light to 4 lights. In this case it is usually your low beam and fog beam. So when you activate your high beams it turns off your fog lights and turns on your highs in addition to the lows. The concurrent lights enables you to turn on your high beams while leaving your low beams and fog lights on. I saw one person say that having fog lights on all the time is pointless, I would personally beg to differ. Fogs illuminate directly in front of the vehicle and off to the sides (aka past the fog lines marked on the roadway). It is legal at a base level throughout the US unless there is a jurisdiction with a stricter bylaw.

I believe someone had said it, but the NHTSA limits forward facing white light to 4 lights. In this case it is usually your low beam and fog beam. So when you activate your high beams it turns off your fog lights and turns on your highs in addition to the lows. The concurrent lights enables you to turn on your high beams while leaving your low beams and fog lights on. I saw one person say that having fog lights on all the time is pointless, I would personally beg to differ. Fogs illuminate directly in front of the vehicle and off to the sides (aka past the fog lines marked on the roadway). It is legal at a base level throughout the US unless there is a jurisdiction with a stricter bylaw.
That was likely me (post 203). I switched the fogs on and off with the low beams on several times to check this out and as I mentioned and there was absolutely no difference to the front that I could see from the driver's seat. Even if there was there would be no need as the LED lows already do an excellent job there. The did brighten up the sides but that areas was already covered by the low beams anyway at a lower intensity and were useless in my opinion unless driving very slowly or wanting to check for empties in the ditch.:)
I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree on this issue.;)
Edit. I had the opportunity to test the fogs again last night on an unlit road that was partially snow covered and did notice the extra light directly in front of the vehicle but really don't see a need to light up what was already nicely lit up with the LED lows at the expense of creating more glare for on coming motorists.

Peter

Can we disable TPMS completely with this technology?

To go back to a couple posts ago anyone know how to disable the low beams being on in auto headlight mode and just have the signature lighting enabled to act as the DRL? I like just the look of the signature lighting during the daytime. I have forscan and a med/high speed can adapter so I can program. I've already disabled the double honk.

To go back to a couple posts ago anyone know how to disable the low beams being on in auto headlight mode and just have the signature lighting enabled to act as the DRL? I like just the look of the signature lighting during the daytime. I have forscan and a med/high speed can adapter so I can program. I've already disabled the double honk.
Member 613GT500 has done it.

Peter

Calling @613GT500

I looked through his post history but was unable to find the specific codes to change this feature. Hopefully he finds his way back to the thread. I have a 2016 limited for reference.

Calling @613GT500

I looked through his post history but was unable to find the specific codes to change this feature. Hopefully he finds his way back to the thread. I have a 2016 limited for reference.
If not, I suggest sending him a PM. That way you'll be sure to reach him.

yea I'll do that if he doesn't get back in here in a day or so. I'd rather have the answer up for everyone to see in the future.

Sorry Gents for being off a while; as I have been getting most of my mod fix; hanging with the F150 forum boys.
Please see below link to all of the mods tested by F150 owners, in which a good majority works for our EX also.

Any additional information, or step by step guide, feel free to discuss here, so that all can benefit.

Credit to Livinitup for sharing his google docs.

Please refer to the common tab of the spreadsheet.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uDSQ1Z5a2Wt8-kjrSiVSlDFGFHnfeuhb3RTMVz95730/htmlview#gid=0

Thanks for reply. I saw the spreadsheet but I was not able to do it.
It would be great if you could make a step by step guide.

Also, could you inform what was on when you where in Auto mode during the day?
LED lows + signature lighting or the halogen lamp (that also works as highs) like on mines (see photo below)?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for reply. I saw the spreadsheet but I was not able to do it.
It would be great if you could make a step by step guide.

Also, could you inform what was on when you where in Auto mode during the day?
LED lows + signature lighting or the halogen lamp (that also works as highs) like on mines (see photo below)?
Here in Canada, without the mod that 613GT500 did, the Explorer comes from the factory with LED low beam + signature lighting when in 'Auto' mode during the day.

Peter

Back