How to: - New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
I could appreciate if one would tell me how to enable HD Radio button on my Explorer.
I found one way on Russian's Explorer forum, but it did work strange for me. First of all my initial config was totally different from their (mine was 7d0-01-01 A221 9102 6A99 vs 7d0-01-01 8225 9201 293С, I've changed from 9102 to 9201) and second, even though changing config did enable HD Radio, but it disabled dynamic back-up lines on camera at the same time!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm happy to report that global open/close works for both front driver and passenger windows.
I also "unhid" it in the instrument panel cluster and can enable/disable both functions or one only.
In your case Peter, it looks like the factory disabled global close on your EX.

Pretty much everything listed in Livinitup's spreadsheet can be enabled on our EX.
Do you have restyle right?
Cause I checked my '12 Ex and didn't find anything similar to what is needed to activate global open/close.
726-17-01 and 726-17-02 both only contains one field and same is for 726-30-01 and I don't have DDM nor PDM.
Seems to be not working on non-restyle models...

I'm happy to report that global open/close works for both front driver and passenger windows.
I also "unhid" it in the instrument panel cluster and can enable/disable both functions or one only.
In your case Peter, it looks like the factory disabled global close on your EX.

Pretty much everything listed in Livinitup's spreadsheet can be enabled on our EX.
So all you had to do was turn it on? Must have the Global open/close wire already in the harness. My 2013 doesn't have the wire from the BCM to the doors (still trying to find a terminal that works with the connector to add).

EDIT: It works on my '16 Platinum

For those that can't access DDM or PDM, you need an ELM327 that has a switch for the MS-CAN bus.

I did figure out how to enable concurrent fog/brights. 726-27-01 0100-0100-0157

Was reading back a few pages about people asking about disabling double honk and it's in the newest beta Forscan PID but manually is 726-41-02 0000 0001 0172 for disabled. At least that has worked for us in the F150 forums for 2015/16's; not sure about Explorers.
0001 0001 0072 is default on mine and 0000 0001 0071 disables it. I also confirmed this on a 2016 Limited.

I doubt it is a liability issue since my MKT had Global Open & Close. That is why I found it strange that the 2017 only has the Open.

Peter

It looks like the 2017 Platinum has this enabled in BCM location 726-17-02(set to 0101 0101 014B), the setting in location 726-17-01 is the same as the 2016. Changing this to 0101 0101 014A should enable global close.

FYI- location 726-30-01 on the '17 Platinum is set to 0003 0000 0061 -I'll test this out tomorrow to see if it enables this on my 2016.

I'm interested in the DDM/PDM as-built data from a 2017 if anyone has it.

Do you have restyle right?
Cause I checked my '12 Ex and didn't find anything similar to what is needed to activate global open/close.
726-17-01 and 726-17-02 both only contains one field and same is for 726-30-01 and I don't have DDM nor PDM.
Seems to be not working on non-restyle models...

Yes, I have a MY2016 EX and had to purchase an obdlink MX to get access to all modules (I modified a few china clones with the switch and they weren't working properly.)

Looks like the setting in 726-30-01 also needs to be changed on the 2017 to 0101 0000 0061 to enable global close. Global open/close and reverse mirror tilt are now working on my 2016!

I'm working on a spreadsheet with confirmed settings based on Livinitup's spreadsheet.

https://www.icloud.com/numbers/0AtiYU-yJ4Nrfyfuzp-Mi0l8A#AsBuiltData_2016_Explorer

Considering our EX already has autofold enabled, did you just change the autotilt values?
I had to revert back and will try again this weekend, but my autotilt wouldn't set properly and would continue to click non-stop.

Considering our EX already has autofold enabled, did you just change the autotilt values?
I had to revert back and will try again this weekend, but my autotilt wouldn't set properly and would continue to click non-stop.
Yes, just changing the first value to F did not effect my auto-folding.

Yes, just changing the first value to F did not effect my auto-folding.

I noticed you did not included IPC settings in your spreadsheet for goblal open/close and can confirm it works on my MY2016.
The IPC values for the autotilt however, didn't work.

So all you had to do was turn it on? Must have the Global open/close wire already in the harness. My 2013 doesn't have the wire from the BCM to the doors (still trying to find a terminal that works with the connector to add).

There have been reports from MY2013 Fusion owners who were able to enable global open/close also.

I noticed you did not included IPC settings in your spreadsheet for goblal open/close and can confirm it works on my MY2016.
The IPC values for the autotilt however, didn't work.
I found the setting and it also works on the Platinum IPC-it adds a Windows menu. I will add that to the spreadsheet. Upon further testing, the reverse auto-tilt mirrors do not move to the correct position.

I have added instructions for calibrating the reverse tilt mirror function, once calibrated mine works well!

There have been reports from MY2013 Fusion owners who were able to enable global open/close also.
Fusion is totally different beast and I remember checking one while ago in dealer's show room and it worked and manager was surprised, cause he did not know about that at all! (may be not all trim levels)

Are there any bluetooth adapters you guys recommend for use with Forscan?

Are there any bluetooth adapters you guys recommend for use with Forscan?

From my experience, for a reliable, consistent and straight functionality out of the box; I recommend the obdlink MX.
For you folks in the US, it is reasonable for around $80, but for us Canadians, we are paying $120 and up; but well worth it.
I have a few china clone adapters with the switch mod and they are very slow and work intermittently.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is confirmed to work on the f-150 anyone wants to be guinea pig and try this for the explorer:

Remote start: In 726-19-01, change 0047 (disabled) to 0148 (enabled).

Remote start MENU option for a 2013 (per another post elsewhere): In 720-01-02, change EC0A to EF2A

Back