No fuel pressure at the fuel rail | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No fuel pressure at the fuel rail

Explorer_ID

Reaction score
First off, I have an 2001 Explorer Sport with the OHV engine. Too make a long story somewhat short, I replaced my fuel pump with a new one. I go to start up the vehicle, I can hear the pump hum for a couple seconds. The engine will crank but not start. I use a fuel pressure gauge in order to see if I am actually getting fuel up to the fuel rail. The gauge reads zero. Disgruntled I decide to check along the line running from the pump to the fuel filter (which I replaced while down there) and saw that prior to the fuel filter I had a stream a gas. Which means that I am able to get fuel at least that far. I reconnect the new filter and follow the line to the point where it meets the fuel rail, disconnect that line, crank the engine and see a stream a fuel. So that means I am getting fuel up to that point.

Tl;dr Crank but no start, new fuel pump, new fuel filter, no fuel pressure from the shrader valve on the rail.

What would be my next step? I am a bit confused as to why I am able to get fuel through the line right up to the fuel rail, but receive no fuel pressure.

Any thoughts on what could be done to resolve the issue?

Ok, you probably have checked, make sure your filter is installed in the correct direction.

As I was using the gauge multiple times this thought had crossed my mind. When I get home I will try that. Thank you for the suggestion. I will repost with results when I am able.

Back