• Register Today It's free!

New Gears and some questions

PekingMan

Reaction score
City, State
Tempe, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT 4x4
My Christmas present to myself this year might be a little extravagant. :D I decided to buy a brand new snowboard (Never Summer Premier) and bindings (Drake F50) and I was feeling pretty happy with myself. Then I realized that since I have put on 33 x 12.5 muds on my Explorer since last season, getting up that mountain (Sunrise,AZ) is going to be a *****. What good is buying boarding gear if you can't use it? In comes Christmas present #2. 4.56 Gearing front and rear with install kits. :cool: My girlfriend now giving me looks that I have never witnessed. Two questions, 1)Should I worry about the look or just look forward to driving and boarding?, and 2)does anyone know about the modified crosspin you need when putting in 4.56 gearing into the 8.8 rear end? :chug: Thanks all

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't follow your first question....But on your second question I have 4.56 in the rear of my Sploder and have the factory pin in it

The real question is...What did you get your Girlfriend for Christmas??
If you go to all the trouble of re-gearing, put a new limited slip or locker in at the same time.

Where to buy

Hey all.

I'm looking at the same 4.56 gearing. My question is where to purchase from? I'd rather buy the gearing and a locker from the same location and save on the shipping, but I'm hoping that someone has a place they know of with good pricing. Thanks!

Re: Where to buy

Originally posted by 4x4Hunter
Hey all.

I'm looking at the same 4.56 gearing. My question is where to purchase from? I'd rather buy the gearing and a locker from the same location and save on the shipping, but I'm hoping that someone has a place they know of with good pricing. Thanks!
Here ya go

Back