JimNTonic

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Milwaukee
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 PIU
Greetings All;
My journey has begun... I just bought a 2016 PIU that was the property of the Wisconsin State Patrol. I'll be picking it up on Monday 23Oct23. Still can't quite believe I did this, but I've been looking for an SUV with either AWD or 4WD, and being a big Toyota/Lexus fan, I was focusing on Toyota products, but never found anything that I really got excited about. Either they were too rusty, or too expensive.
So, being a mild fan of the Explorer, I started to take a look at what was available, and found my new ride. My main vehicle is a 2019 Lexus ES300H, so this will serve as a back up/secondary ride.

More info/photos to come, and I will probably have a thread dedicated to working on it.
I did a build thread on my 2001 Tundra after I bought it and documented all the work done there (which was a lot!)
The Tundra is now in the hands of my son, hence the search for a replacement.

Thanks for having me and I look forward to hearing from all the PIU guys out there!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to this forum!
Thanks much. Looking forward to tearing into this thing. I wanted to pick it up this week, but work gets in the way... Eh, Monday's just a few days away...

Welcome.

Back