New guy with the speed bug | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New guy with the speed bug

ok, well ever since my buddy got a v6 mustang and started taking it to the performance shop in town, they have been tuning it on the dyno and it has around 250hp now, but anyways i got my truck up on it one time, pulled 127.4hp and 195.0lb/ft to the wheels, i have a 93 eddie with a 4.0ohv, 5spd, and 4x4. The guy who owns the shop was really impressed with my torque #, soo i figure, hell lets improve it!

i search the web found some mods, how much wheel hp and wheel torque you think these mods will add together?

-i fab intake(only complete intake i could find)
-75mm mass air flow sensor
-66mm bbk throttle body
-hypertech performance chip
-heddman headers
-custom ehxaust(dual 2 1/4" in, single 3" out)

catchup said:
ok, well ever since my buddy got a v6 mustang and started taking it to the performance shop in town, they have been tuning it on the dyno and it has around 250hp now, but anyways i got my truck up on it one time, pulled 127.4hp and 195.0lb/ft to the wheels, i have a 93 eddie with a 4.0ohv, 5spd, and 4x4. The guy who owns the shop was really impressed with my torque #, soo i figure, hell lets improve it!

i search the web found some mods, how much wheel hp and wheel torque you think these mods will add together?

-i fab intake(only complete intake i could find)
-75mm mass air flow sensor
-66mm bbk throttle body
-hypertech performance chip
-heddman headers
-custom ehxaust(dual 2 1/4" in, single 3" out)

quite honestly, your looking about maybe 30 hp at the wheels

so then what 40-50lb/ft of torque? im mainly looking to increase my torque, im looking to get that to 230lb/ft to the wheels and then maybe after nitrous 300lb/ft

im also looking for a good chip? what do you guys think? can a sct chip work on my truck and how much power do those gain?

catchup said:
im also looking for a good chip? what do you guys think? can a sct chip work on my truck and how much power do those gain?

Quite honestly, a chip will do little for your application, sorry.

Back