New headlights & clear corners | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New headlights & clear corners

The headlights are stock replacement but look a hell of a lot better than the yellowed originals. Sorry I don't have pics of the original headlights.

Attachments

• Haedlights 2.jpg
    Haedlights 2.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 251

Clean and smooth! Nice touch! Were they easy to replace? When I did mine, I broke one of the little things that the pin snaps in to... I only did the corners up front. (I was told the thing that broke is called a gammit)

I notice your windshield is very clear and shiny... any secrets to keeping it that way?

Thank you for the comment. :)

The corners were a breeze. The headlights were a little more involved. The grill has to removed to replace them plus getting the old headlights out was a little tricky as well.

As for the windshield here is the trick.

Get a small bucket of water and a sponge and soak the sponge with water. You will also need a can of Bon-Ami

Wet down the windshield. Next sprinkle Bon-Ami on the windshield and then use the sponge to scrub the windshield. Just be careful as not to get the A-pillars or the roof. The Bon-Ami removes all the road grime that window cleaners can't remove.

After cleaning the windshield dry it off and then give it two rounds of Rain-X.

You can do the same thing to the door and rear glass as well.

One word of caution. DO NOT USE COMET. Comet is to abrasive & will scratch the glass.

That is what you call a showroom finish/shine! Thank you for the advice, I will try it...

Amen- someone else that actually uses Bon Ami! Been using it for years to get rid of the grime from my windshield... Also used it to clean the leather seats in a couple of my SHO's... Works awesome! :thumbsup:

Back