new here, some pics of the explorer | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

new here, some pics of the explorer

^I put some on today, I had 1 old strap on until autozone was open. I am looking for something like a lug nut set up or something like that.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Concerning the spare tire rack, when you take some pictures of it, could you show us how it's mounted to the frame under the stock bumper. I'd like to eventually have something like that and keeping the stock bumper. Thanks, your explorer's looking good so far.

^I'll get some details pics after I wash it and stuff so you can see everything clearly.

its not mounted to the frame tho btw. its mounted to the inside on the hatch frame, and the bumper.

how did you mount that tire carrier? just curious

To the body (inside the hatch) and to the bumper with bolts.

How did you prepare your X for the bedliner? I did rubberized undercoat and it was fairly easy to take off so I'm gonna redo it.

I lightly sanded it, washing it down a little bit, let it air dry(didnt want any lint or anything under the coat). and then put 1 coat on it. I should be putting another coat on it this weekend.

Tire rack...

Metal fabricators... This looks like a hand truck, minus the wheels and handle. Paint it red and it'd look like a Coca Cola cart, blue, Pepsi...

http://cgi.ebay.com/WISE-Magliner-H...ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

There are about 40 vehicles here with tire carriers... they are all very well assembled. What is it that the others don't have? This one ^^ is nice, but it's one of a kind. Next up... any plans to change out tires and rims? I have to go back and re read... I didn't see the cb antenna...

Ya, I'm planning to change out the wheels and tires soon. and maybe a body lift so that I can fit 33''s on it.

Well, I hope you do the lift first so you can have a better choice of wheels and tires... How bout that antenna? You use a mag mount? I have one, but dang, they are easy to drop - broke it.

ya I think im going to do the lift first, but no I dont have any CB antennas :( I need 2 of them tho lol. I already have the mounts and wiring ran to the roof rack, I just have to buy them haha.

so if anyone has any black 3 foot CB antennas for cheap LMK! lol

Back