new here, some pics of the explorer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

new here, some pics of the explorer

With the 2nd gen, actual suspension lifts are limited. Search for torsion twist, shackles, add a leaf and four door leaf packs. Very inexpensive and easy ways to lift your truck. Check my sig and you can what work I've done. It's very similar to what a lot of guys here have done. My next step is a body lift.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...How soon will you be in Calif..???...We have a run in October going to Truckhaven..You may want to come out and meet a few members here..:thumbsup:

^not sure yet when I'm going to be in Cali yet, I'm working out a deal with the Riverside sheriffs office to come over there and work with them.

Cosmik: Thanks, I realllyy like the way your looks, exept I want tires that are going to stick out past the fenders a little bit (and maybe some fender flares)

...You will fit in with this group...:thumbsup:...Keep us informed if you can make it out in time...:D

TT is torsion twist. It's just tightening the bolts on the front torsion bars to lift the front end.

And I want the wheels out farther too. Those are the stock steel wheels. Over the next little while the body lift is going on, as are new wheels with bigger offset and 33x12.5 tires. The front looks much better. I need to post more pics.

Look here, TONS of info-

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208483

Tbars: Awesome lol, I'll let you know if I make it out there(I might sell the explorer here and buy another one there, and just take my parts off of it lol)

Cozmik: Thanks, I'll look at the link you sent me now.

nice explorer u got there

Thank you Sir.

Sorry for not complimenting the looks so far-you are definitely going to have a well functioning truck. I guess my questions were my way of complimenting it.:D

haha, no problem at all.

Trailmaster and superlift make bolt on kits.

awesome! I'll look into them.

got some interior pics
(dont mind pic quality, i took them with my phone, I'll take better more detailed pics when I get my camera back)
IMG00202.jpg

IMG00201.jpg

IMG00200.jpg

ooooh, the leather looks really cushy!!! That looks like a truck you could comfortably take on long trips.

ya, its pretty good, I was told the seats are pretty much custom, but idk lol.

went and had some fun today, will have some new dirty pics of the truck tommorow.

my spare flew off my roof rack and i had to go back and get it :lol:

Thanks, I cant believe how good it does in the mud too, was with a couple lifted tacomas and jeeps and I had to pull them out haha

heres a pic of the truck from this morning, some of the mud came off driving home/to the GF's and stuff

dirtytruck.jpg

I'm also looking for a good set of BFG's too if anyone knows any good deals.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Be careful with that spare. Get some ratchet straps to tie it down...that's not something you want flying off, it could easily kill someone on the highway. Nice truck though man. :thumbsup:

Back