new masster cylinder for uprgraded brakes? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

new masster cylinder for uprgraded brakes?

the first mechanic said he adjusted it to plunge further in to account for the low pedal. the dealer said they adjusted it back to stock specs anyways. the front brakes dont actually make any noise, the back ones do. i think its bc theres not enough pressure being sent back to them to clamp hard, just enough to cause friction and squealing. i might take it someplace else to see if there are adjustments to make the rear brakes clamp harder. or if its something simple enough, i can do it myself. either way it is, im not feeling the stopping power everyone else is. still trying to figure it out.

Jack the truck up and start it and spin the front tire to see if its dragging at all.then have some one slowly press the breaks and try and have them remember how much breaks it took to apply pressure to the rotor to keep it from spinning.then do the rear,see if they drag or spin with the breaks down and how much pressure it took.still sounds to me like they adjusted it to much making the front have more and rear not enough, witch will cause the front to drag normally. I would give it a day or two also to adjust itself and any air to get out also and if they dont get better i would adjust the plunger a hair at a time,checking that neither drag.you can go to far

Last edited:

that sounds like a super good plan jd. wouldnt ave gotten this far without your help. ill do that and update when i have some more news.

that sounds like a super good plan jd. wouldnt ave gotten this far without your help. ill do that and update when i have some more news.

yea shocked more people have chimed in but guess not many have ran into this problem with a 94.hell im even learning some for a 94 from this also but sure willing to help and figure it out for future people;)

Back