BurgerKingFootLettuce

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer
Hi all,
I honestly don’t know how I don’t have an account already; I’ve probably lurked the website for 15 plus years? But hey, here I am. I’ve had a relatively long history with Explorers:

My first was a 1998 Explorer Sport, it was a 5 speed and 4x4, it got me through High school and most of college, I lived in PA at the time and the rust just ate it up

I had many project cars in between but fast forward another 8 or so years and I moved to Phoenix and was downgrading from a 2015 Subaru WRX, I just hated owning a new car. So I stumbled upon a 1999 four door Explorer, a five speed and 4x4 with only 90000 miles on it, so I bought that for $2000 and still own it today! I cannot part with this car, it’s the favorite.

I briefly owned a 2000 Explorer, this one was a 5.0 AWD that I was going to build for Drag Week aaaaaand then I had my first child so all plans like that ended ha.

The current fleet is a 2023 Subaru Outback Wilderness, 2022 Subaru Forester Wilderness, 2006 Subaru Outback XT, aaand the 99 Explorer.

The Explorer is now a dedicated off road toy, so I look forward to getting more involved and getting out there and having fun! I recently did the back way to Crown King and I was very outclassed and the ol’ girl made it all the way through and back home.

E8547641-5EE2-4F63-B581-550EA53ACFAD.jpeg 89610F0B-4161-4534-83E0-47571CAEC824.jpeg B0DE9F3D-36AF-4933-A821-CFBDE5A1C44B.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi all,
I honestly don’t know how I don’t have an account already; I’ve probably lurked the website for 15 plus years? But hey, here I am. I’ve had a relatively long history with Explorers:

My first was a 1998 Explorer Sport, it was a 5 speed and 4x4, it got me through High school and most of college, I lived in PA at the time and the rust just ate it up

I had many project cars in between but fast forward another 8 or so years and I moved to Phoenix and was downgrading from a 2015 Subaru WRX, I just hated owning a new car. So I stumbled upon a 1999 four door Explorer, a five speed and 4x4 with only 90000 miles on it, so I bought that for $2000 and still own it today! I cannot part with this car, it’s the favorite.

I briefly owned a 2000 Explorer, this one was a 5.0 AWD that I was going to build for Drag Week aaaaaand then I had my first child so all plans like that ended ha.

The current fleet is a 2023 Subaru Outback Wilderness, 2022 Subaru Forester Wilderness, 2006 Subaru Outback XT, aaand the 99 Explorer.

The Explorer is now a dedicated off road toy, so I look forward to getting more involved and getting out there and having fun! I recently did the back way to Crown King and I was very outclassed and the ol’ girl made it all the way through and back home.

View attachment 436269 View attachment 436270 View attachment 436271
Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum. I live Northwest of Phoenix in Wittmann.

Welcome.

Welcome to the forum. I live Northwest of Phoenix in Wittmann.
Yeah I used to work US 60 in Surprise and think I have seen you come and go once or twice in the years past. Good to know I’ve got someone to contact when I get my car half ripped apart in my garage and can’t figure out how to get it back together. 😜

Hi all,

welcome!!!!!! nice X!

Welcome to the forum! The X is looking good! What all ya got planned for its future?

Yeah I used to work US 60 in Surprise and think I have seen you come and go once or twice in the years past. Good to know I’ve got someone to contact when I get my car half ripped apart in my garage and can’t figure out how to get it back together. 😜
I'm from Phoenix as well, close to Northern and 17. I know just enough to be dangerous. Welcome to the forum.

I'm from Phoenix as well, close to Northern and 17. I know just enough to be dangerous. Welcome to the forum.
Hey, I'm right by US 17 as well! Just way over here in FL lol

Welcome to the forum! The X is looking good! What all ya got planned for its future?
I am much older and wiser than I once was, so mainly just putting some armor on it, definitely need rock sliders. I’m interested in swapping in a manual transfer case, I had the electric one get me stuck in 4lo in a flash flood and I got to drive 79 miles in 4lo to get home. That was neat.

I am much older and wiser than I once was, so mainly just putting some armor on it, definitely need rock sliders. I’m interested in swapping in a manual transfer case, I had the electric one get me stuck in 4lo in a flash flood and I got to drive 79 miles in 4lo to get home. That was neat.
you can switch the E cases in and out of lo with a channel locks iirc.

Hi all,

one question: how did you get your hands on the setina in the second photo?

one question: how did you get your hands on the setina in the second photo?
Gee good eye there, I wish I could remember. That photo is from 2008ish so these cars weren’t *that* old yet. I think I may have gotten it from Galls? It was a really nice piece, it was a direct bolt in and design specifically for the SSV Explorers.

Gee good eye there, I wish I could remember. That photo is from 2008ish so these cars weren’t *that* old yet. I think I may have gotten it from Galls? It was a really nice piece, it was a direct bolt in and design specifically for the SSV Explorers.
ooh ok!!!! also just noticed the name, i remember that one! #15... burger king foot lettuce :p

ooh ok!!!! also just noticed the name, i remember that one! #15... burger king foot lettuce :p
I dug up some more photos of it. This was my favorite car I ever owned, it was just at a point if my life where I had no money to fix it. I got air in the cooling system and then blew a head gasket so it was game over. I am actually going to go find the VIN and pay for a Carfax. I know it’s unlikely but I’d love to track it down

B05852F9-9DB3-4698-9501-962E2248924B.jpeg 0F99E679-788A-4C88-9CE1-72FB53A0D92F.jpeg

Back