New member - Hello from Central California | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New member - Hello from Central California

73Elsinore

Reaction score
City, State
Central California
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XLT 4x4
Hello from central California! I have a '91 XLT 4x4 vintage :) Explorer. I just turned 201,000 miles on it and it is my daily driver. I also offroad in it, haul vintage dirt bikes, and yes get groceries too. After all, that's what it was made for right? :) My truck is bone stock except for 30x9.50 BFG A/T tires and a Hi-Lift.

I was a member on this board when it first started. That must have been, geez, about '97 or so. Some of the guys on there at the time were Ray Lobato, Gerald, Paul the landscaper, Wendy, and of course Rick - that's about all I remember. Are you guys still here? My username was Pete and I have been away from here for awhile and changed jobs and emails a few times so who knows what my old password was, etc. I couldn't find it so I just re-joined under a new name.

Anyway I went on a couple trips with some of the Ex owners out here in Cali - I went on a couple of the Los Coyotes runs before they closed that area. I learned first-hand what a stock Ex could do!!! Since then me and the poor Ex have been over the Mojave Road, been to Saline Valley/Lippincott Mine Road/back way to Death Valley and surrounding environs, the El Paso mountains, Last Chance Canyon, Dove Springs, Jawbone Canyon, etc.

Glad to be back and hopefully I can contribute from the Vintage point of view. Thanks! Pete

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks bro!

Welcome back to the site :)! Sure has gotten bigger since back then, huh :D?

Thanks bro - yes it has gotten A LOT bigger. Shoot, back then you were doing good to find someone who even had the same problems as you!!! And back then nobody's IAC valve had stopped up yet so there was no fix yet for that little problem! Back in the day we were all still fixing our rear wipers, center arm rests and radius arm bushings! :)

73Elsinore said:
Thanks bro - yes it has gotten A LOT bigger. Shoot, back then you were doing good to find someone who even had the same problems as you!!! And back then nobody's IAC valve had stopped up yet so there was no fix yet for that little problem! Back in the day we were all still fixing our rear wipers, center arm rests and radius arm bushings! :)

LOL ^^^ Welcome back ;)

Welcome back.

Where in the central valley?

I wheel at Frank Raines and La Grange if your ever interested?

Oh and I currently live in Turlock, unfortunately.

Back