NEW member..well kinda....

Ak LTD Xplorer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Anchorage Alaska
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 LIMITED OFF ROAD 4X4
ok im sure some of you have heared about me..im blue_97_v8's 14yr old son.. i just got my 96 x back in oct..im very happ with it. i payed with it all myself and am working to mod it....and here's some pic's..

my limited
new%20pic's3%20002.JPG

new%20pic's3%20004.JPG

here's my dad's X
2003-12-17%20003.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You are legal to drive at 14?

no..i have a permit..i can drive with someone over 21 with a current linc

Permit at 14? Wow. Its 15 here in Oregon, and I thought it was that age all over the US. Guess you are lucky up in Alaska. :p

yep permit at 14 here..16 linc..i can't wait to go out on my own with my truck..

that cool you can be 14 and be able to drive. it is 16 till you can get a permit in NC

digger,you have a VERY sweet truck!!!..im gonna go with TT and AAL(or stock 4 door spring's) to get a small lift (i have ARC)..you's is just a monster..lol

I don't know what the law is now, but when I was younger, If you were a farmer in Iowa, you could get a "Farm Permit" at 14 and take your driver's test at 15. I used my grandfather's address and have been legally driving since I was 15.
I just had to do some work for grandpa like hauling hay and stuff.;)

Originally posted by SplashMan

I just had to do some work for grandpa like hauling hay and stuff.;)

But it was FUN since you DROVE the truck around to the hay bales though right? :D

here in stupid indiana it is 16 to get your permit and
16 1/2 to get your licence.

Even though i was driving a stick at the age of 11 (i'm not a farm boy. However my grandfather was and he had a jeep that he used to get around the farm in, and often times my cousin(s) and I would take it for joy rides...

that was long ago though, now when i try to drive my girlfriends stick shift honda i have trouble with shifting transition, some times its not so smooth... i tell her that i've known how to drive a stick longer than she has but she doesn't believe me.. :)

That is a heck of a truck for a 14 year old! Take good care of it..........

My best friend wife has a 97 identical to that one, except it has the SOHC 4.0L engine. Awesome truck, those limiteds have every option...........

oh yes i will take care of it!!!..I had to shell out for it so it's my pride and joy..and yeah it's got every option sept v8..memory seat's car phone in consol..ect..my next big mod will be heated seat's...new remote start/alarm..then about $500 in paint work will be done also

Very nice pics. What type of camera did you use? Those pics came out awsome!!

sweet Ex man.
I LOVE the first photo.
The back ground is simply georgous.
It's all good !!

Oh and congratulations on paying for it your self.
Feels pretty good doesn't it ?

thank's guy's..the camara is a new kodak easy share DX4900

yes i like the first pic also..

it reall does not matter if i payed for it or not..i would still take pride in it..and care for it VERY well..but i think the fact i payed for does help a small amount..lol

im doin oil change/t-case and plug's wires on sat..going to syn..(doin it myself of course)

yeah..i allway's new it as being 14..then a family member this summer from cali was pissed cause i could dive around..and he couldent..he was 14 also an in cali i geuss it's 15

Originally posted by TarHeel085
its 15 here ;) and nice lookin truck BTW!

Yeah! I thought it was 15. I remember when I got mine when I was 15 without any restriction. I got very lucky because it was the last day before the graduated licensing laws was in effect.

I don't know why but I alwys thought it was the same across the US.
In Maryland ( at least back when I started driving )
learners permit at 15 ( Must be accompanied by a linesnd driver and driving only between certian hours )
16 you can get a provisional for six months ( limited hours ) if you get no violations then you get a full license after six months. To be renewed every five years. All you have to do is pass the eye test.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I never got an eye test when I got my license, I wear glasses and contacts but on my license it makes no mention of that. But in Michigan, you can start driving at 14 and 9 months with a parent after taking like 6 hours of class, and 2 hours driving or something like that. Then when you complete the class you get an official driving permit that allows you to drive with a parent. Then after 6 months and 50 hours of driving (a parent just has to sign off saying that you drove), you take another Phase 2 class which is like 6 hours. Then by time you turn 16 you get a graduated license which allows you to drive from 6am-12pm unless going to or from work. Then after a year of having a clean record or when you're 18, you get an operators license which is unrestricted. I was pulled over twice and got let off when I was 16, lucky because of the stupid laws.

Back