NEW Mustang Mach 1

TPLYNCH

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Brewster, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLS
Just saw in Blue Oval News that Job 1 Production was approved for the new Mustang MACH 1! I am absolutely GIDDY!:bounce:

I'll just have to wait a little longer to get my new Stang :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OK, now I'm really psyched! Check out these pictures at Stangnet. Brings back memories of my '69 and '70. I like the Bullitt, but this is even sweeter! Fords got a buyer in me. Dead Link Removed

Now, if I could just hit Lotto......

pretty cool, but i dont like that color scheme.

I must have me one of those. If the Devil reads this, my soul is for sale.:D

Ford did an unveiling of the 360R here in Vegas. Pretty sweet car, but 50k? I don't think so.

The real "MACH 1" is not a build up of an existing car...It's a whole new redesign....thunderbird ring a bell.

The Mach 1 is technically supposed to be a built up Cobra. With such classic looks, and features as the classic Mach 1 Shaker Hood Scoop........

I like it, but id take the 03 Cobra.

I'd rather have a Cobra or Saleen...

i like it, but why does it only have 3.27 gears?
i thought it would at least have 3.73 (or 4.11)

if they go with an over agressive gear ratio, they could piss people off. im sure a bunch of people will want to get their Mach 1s blown, turboed, or NOSed, and even with 3.73s the ugly traction monster stick his head out everynow and then. It would probably piss peope if they had to go down the ratio ladder because of traction problems, im not defending them. just explaining the way i see it, although the 3.27s allowed for better gas mileage. even though most people buying a V8 usually aren't worried about that :) i can't wait to get my 4.10s

The latest specs I saw were 3.55:1, so maybe they are compromising. I'm gonna try and hit the show here in NY to get an up close and personal look, as well as grab as much info I can. I can't wait till this fall, just wish Silver was one of the colors they were using (it's not :mad: )

also remember that a 3.27 in a stang moves it a lot faster than a 3.27 in an X.... my point is: whenever i read mustang magazines people always write in and say i want more acceleration...all the mags say put in a 3.55 and if you are really extreme put in 3.73.....

Back