Kinda off topic but, deciding between 04 Mustang Mach 1 or 2002 Camaro SS | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Kinda off topic but, deciding between 04 Mustang Mach 1 or 2002 Camaro SS

They don't make them like they used to, THANK GOD :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe im gonna get the Mach 1. What color is the best to get. I did some research and found out that they only made 814 Oxford White Mach 1's in 03 and not available in 04. And they made the Dark Shadow Grey both years. in 03 1,595 were produced and in 04 1,039 were produced. I really want a White one but if i cant find one i will settle with the Dark Shadow Grey. Those are my favorite colors. And of course it will be a 5 speed!! ;)

Mod for mod, the LS1 is a much better investment. You're base HP and torque are better too. Yes, the mach 1 has some cool stickers, a shaker, and a better suspension over the GT, but like I said, basic bolt-ons with a LS1 and you are set! I used to work on them, tune them, and all that other good stuff. Yes, I'm very biased :)

Guess I am bias since I own an 2001 camaro SS. I really think the mustangs are a joke. That whole era of mustangs really look pretty pathetic. The only ones that look real good are the cobras. The camaro you are talking about will hold its value a lot better since the 2002 is the anniversary year. If you actually got a hold of an anniversary edition with the tape package and the SLP performance package with the exhaust out the center you would have an extrememly valuable car not to mention extremely fun to drive. I love driving my 2001. It is actually a late model 01 that has the anniversary edition tape package. The amazing thing is the gas mileage. I can not believe how the car can get such good gas mileage. I have never tested it but I bet if we were driving on the highway it would be around 28mpg. If I knew how I would post a pic of my Camaro SS. It has only 19,x.. original miles on it. Obviously to each is own but I think the Camaro is a much better car hands down.

Mod for mod, the LS1 is a much better investment. You're base HP and torque are better too. Yes, the mach 1 has some cool stickers, a shaker, and a better suspension over the GT, but like I said, basic bolt-ons with a LS1 and you are set! I used to work on them, tune them, and all that other good stuff. Yes, I'm very biased :)

Guess I am bias since I own an 2001 camaro SS. I really think the mustangs are a joke. That whole era of mustangs really look pretty pathetic. The only ones that look real good are the cobras. The camaro you are talking about will hold its value a lot better since the 2002 is the anniversary year. If you actually got a hold of an anniversary edition with the tape package and the SLP performance package with the exhaust out the center you would have an extrememly valuable car not to mention extremely fun to drive. I love driving my 2001. It is actually a late model 01 that has the anniversary edition tape package. The amazing thing is the gas mileage. I can not believe how the car can get such good gas mileage. I have never tested it but I bet if we were driving on the highway it would be around 28mpg. If I knew how I would post a pic of my Camaro SS. It has only 19,x.. original miles on it. Obviously to each is own but I think the Camaro is a much better car hands down.

Before you start ripping on a Mach 1, why don't you find out how the car performs. It's not just "cool stickers, a shaker and suspension". :rolleyes:

And no, I'm not beating down on the Camaro/Firebird line. I've owned a Firebird and the SS is a decent car. I just prefer the Mach 1 after having driven both. Have either of you driven a Mach 1? Somehow I doubt it.

Guess I am bias since I own an 2001 camaro SS. I really think the mustangs are a joke.

The forth gen Camaro's were nice... Until they gave them bubble eyes.

lcome-california-just-take-grocery-cart-bubbles256.jpg

Did they ever get rid of the overheating problems before they cancelled the Camaro for a decade?

If I knew how I would post a pic of my Camaro SS. It has only 19,x.. original miles on it. Obviously to each is own but I think the Camaro is a much better car hands down.

Got that...

attachment.jpg

Yes, the mach 1 has some cool stickers, a shaker, and a better suspension over the GT, but like I said, basic bolt-ons with a LS1 and you are set! I used to work on them, tune them, and all that other good stuff. Yes, I'm very biased :)

Guess I am bias since I own an 2001 camaro SS. I really think the mustangs are a joke. That whole era of mustangs really look pretty pathetic. The only ones that look real good are the cobras. The camaro you are talking about will hold its value a lot better since the 2002 is the anniversary year. If you actually got a hold of an anniversary edition with the tape package and the SLP performance package with the exhaust out the center you would have an extrememly valuable car not to mention extremely fun to drive...

So a suspension and sticker package on one vehicle is hokey, but a suspension and sticker package on the other is...

Yeah.

This is just a Ford vs. Chevy thing.

Besides- the SLP as far as I knew was some stickers, a cold air intake, and fitting the old take off Z28 exhaust picked up off the plant floor from when they did their SS conversions, and stuck back on a car.

I call it a draw- both have stickers, the Mach has a hole in the hood, so that's as efficient as a GM CAI, and the shaker is as steady as the re-mounted Z28 exhaust. :D

For now, screw it- here's a vid of an SLP SS and a plain old GT. Can't find a Mach, so watch the Mustang get killed.

The stereotype poster & bubble eyes are hilarious. I hated the bubble eyes when they came out, and still do today.

I've got an 01 gt, and the 32v in my aviator, and the one thing I miss about my 93 z-28 was gobs of LOW end torque. That thing would pull hard from 1600. I'm not a fan at all of winding anything out to 7,000 grand. It's why I hated my friends s2000.

That being said, that 93 Z was the reason I switched to ford in the first place, for that ungodly catalytic converter lump in the floor to the cheap everything on the interior, that would break.

The best advice was to do some seat time in both (and I'd add multiple examples). Everything I've bought over the past couple of years I've driven a bunch of and there's been some that were much stronger than others, even with similar mileage.

(have to admit I like skynyrd too :) ).

I vote Mach 1. Thought about trading the Explorer in a few years ago and test drove a DSG auto Mach 1 and it was a beast. It was a lot stronger than my full exhaust/geared '89 Fox I owned before the Explorer:D

If you want a second option, I'd look into a used 2011 5.0 Mustang........

Edit- Forgot to post this link

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/mach-1-mustangs-406/

Back